What's your rarest Steam Civ5 Achievement?

snoproblem

Chieftain
So far, mine is "Wanna Be the King of the Zulus", for winning the game as Shaka (1.7% achievement rate).

Conversely, what's the commonest achievement that you still haven't earned? So far, mine is "Lux Perpetua Luceat Eis" i.e. fully exploring the 'Piety' policy track (26.3% achievement rate).

Don't got:
Kamikaze Attack
Kill an enemy unit attacking with a Japanese unit with just 1 HP remaining. - 15.9%

Got:

0.6%
Time to Stitch a Tapestry
Win as Normandy (any difficulty)

lol basically if you play any of the scenarios you get really "rare ones".

Otherwise:

0.7%
Pyramid Scheme
Playing as France, get the Louvre to the maximum theming bonus of 16.

Which is one you can always get I guess. Not the hardest. There's way too many

Rarest I have:
The Great Betrayal (0.5%)
As Venice, capture the Holy City of the religion that the city of Venice follows.

Most common I don't have:
I Can Has Nukes? (33.2%)
Drop a nuke on another Civ.

My rarest are Ruler of the Seas, Rock the Kasbah and British Invasion which, incidentally, where all done with England. :lol:

The most common one I don't have is Neighborhood Bully.

League of Extraordinary Hoyanehs

Win New World Scenario as the Iroquois. It seems many people don't play scenarios.

I'll also list my rarest non-scenario achievement.

Wanna Be the King of the Zulus (win as Shaka).

Most common one I don't have is Expansionist (download a mod). I hear mods are great for this game, but I never bothered. Problem is I can't get achievements while running a mod, right?

Most common I don't have:
I Can Has Nukes? (33.2%)
Drop a nuke on another Civ.

Ugh, the damn nukes. It's the one "achievement" I'd gladly give back.

Used my first nuke in my very first civ5 game - done mostly out of morbid curiosity. It didn't accomplish anything except muck up my penalties. The other time I've used one in a game was done as a desperation move - it still didn't accomplish anything. IMO you should build a couple of nukes for deterrent value only.

Ugh, the damn nukes. It's the one "achievement" I'd gladly give back.

Used my first nuke in my very first civ5 game - done mostly out of morbid curiosity. It didn't accomplish anything except muck up my penalties. The other time I've used one in a game was done as a desperation move - it still didn't accomplish anything. IMO you should build a couple of nukes for deterrent value only.
It's a philosophical question:
Is it really "winning" when you're the first to reach a victory condition but haven't launched at least 5 nukes on other Civilizations before doing so?

@topic:
Having played more than 1000 hours and only having unlocked 2 Achievements is my biggest achievement.

Of course I cheated to get to that state. Before I threw everything into the memoryhole it was probably winning the Civil War Scenario on Deity. Pretty rare with 0.3% of all players, although not too difficult.

Taekwon-DOH!
Lose as Korea (in the samurai invasion of korea scenario) 0.4%

You just retire and you get the achievement.

Don't got:
Kamikaze Attack
Kill an enemy unit attacking with a Japanese unit with just 1 HP remaining. - 15.9%

If you want this one, you need to "uninstall" G&K and BNW so the units have much fewer hit points. Otherwise it very very rare that you'll get a unit down to 1 hp.

I'm struggling to get Pax Romana Aeternum now, my first attempt lost on points.

Yeah the scenarios seem to be quite rare, but they are very good. My rarest is
This was their Finest Hour
Win as Anglo-Saxon England (any difficulty) .06%

Cheers!

If you want this one, you need to "uninstall" G&K and BNW so the units have much fewer hit points. Otherwise it very very rare that you'll get a unit down to 1 hp.

I'm struggling to get Pax Romana Aeternum now, my first attempt lost on points.

I think it would happen if you take a late-game city with a scout or warrior.
If the city has 0 hp but your guy is full, then he'll take the city and just go down to 1 ( probably ).
Who knows :p

I stopped caring about achievements pretty fast,t here's too many and they make no sense.

Here's Looking at You, Kid
As Morocco, airlift a civilian unit from Casablanca to Portugal's original capital.
.3%

Greek Fire
As Byzantines, sink 10 Greek ships with a Dromon.
.3%

The Rhodes Colossus
(Playing as England in Scramble for Africa, complete a railroad from Cairo to Capetown.)
Honoring the Ancestors
Win on Deity in the Korea scenario (aka. nobody won and I got a time victory, meaning I also got the "Lose as Korea" achievement at the same time)
both 0.3%

I have a bunch of .3% achievments, the hardest to get was probably this:
Far-Shooting Apollo
Win on Emperor in the Wonders of the Ancient World scenario.

Most common achievment I don't have is purchasing 1,000 tiles. I should be USA more...

My rarest achievement is now Sheridan's Valley Campaign (Civil War scenario) at 0.4%, just picked it up today. Not easy to win the scenario diverting all the way down to Lynchburg. Only 3 turns to go when I got Richmond.

Rarest I have - A Magnificent Victory - win as Suleiman (3.4%).

Most common I don't have - City of Gold (44.7%).

I do have the nukes achievement, although it's rare that I use nukes in a Civ game. I don't recall every using a nuke in a regulation game in Civ3, and only one time in Civ4, in a game I subsequently abandoned in part due to a guilty conscience over using nukes when I could have won otherwise, just more slowly. Although I think I do recall the time I used nukes in Civ5. I'm pretty sure it involved Gandhi.

Edit: Yup, it involved Gandhi. Okay, so I may have dropped five nukes on him in my quest to stop his impending cultural victory, but he nuked my allies in England, too! And he'd already pupputed a good chunk of the world through wars of aggression.

My rarest is "Surviving Domesday"
The most common achievement that I don't have yet is "Last Man Standing" because I don't play multiplayer. If we ignore that one, it's "Where's the Biathlon?"

Last night I could have got "The Last Crusade" but I wasn't thinking. Going to see if I have a save from before I captured Babylon, and if so do I have any landships or cavalry left that have not been upgraded to tanks. (I think I captured the city with a tank)

Edit: I had a save from near the beginning of the Siege of Babylon, and I did have one landship left, clear across the map, that hadn't been upgraded to a tank. So he drove for 6 or 7 turns while I bombarded the city, and arrived just in time to capture it and unlock the achievement.

Last edited:
Just got "Pax Romana Aeternum". It was the last of the .3%'ers that I needed so I guess it's the rarest. I still need "God is Great" which at 1.7% I think is the most common one I don't have.

Edit: oops, still need "Red Badge of Courage"

Last edited:
Rarest achievement:
Tablet Tech Pioneer (
Beat the game on any difficulty as Ashurbanipal.): 1.7%

Most common one I don't have:
We Have the Technology (Fully explore the Tech Tree.): 26.3%

Top Bottom