Work in Progress - Might and Magic Universe

That water elemental looks a lot like a naga. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the attack.

I've gone with the look of the Water Elementals from Heroes 3, & Might and Magic 7 and 8.

So they aren't water, but actual creatures. They can be used as land or sea units. Animations will likely be:

Although I could actually make them all water as bonus units, since I already have made the water material! Made a quick possible preview:

Yah more faeries! :bounce:

This is what is finished for faeries. I'll likely leave it at this. :)

Damn, that's a lot of Faeries! Will they all have the same animations or are you planning different attacks?

I rendered all the attacks for them all, since I finally wrote a script to auto-render everything in a single go, so I don't have to sit there and do it. I haven't done a specific magical attack for each though because I haven't really thought of anything to do yet. Perhaps throwing fairy dust of their specific color could be a possibility.

Another cool weather or environment unit coming is the tornado. In a couple different variations as well.

I'm gonna try to start putting up faction information pages soon to show each civ and it's units, and strengths/weaknesses. And perhaps a sneak on how the units attack/def will work. It will be standardized, but will still vary quite a bit because of how it is worked out, which will give much larger degree to tweak how tough or weak units are without comprimising game balance, even so in the very beginning of the game.

Auto-production of units will be around, but not to the degree it was in CoMM3. It will be based around Wonders, Small-wonders, special buildings, era-specific buildings, resource-specific, and around era-based storylines & plots.

Elemental Creatures have appeared throughout the Might and Magic series. They are a powerful town, with excellent magical resistance, and many fantastic abilities.

Defenders:
Rock Beast ; Earth Spirit ; Earth Elemental ; Magma Elemental

Defensive Bombard:
Water Beast ; Water Spirit ; Water Elemental ; Ice Elemental

Weak Inexpensive:
Pixie ; Sprite ; Fire Faery

Heavy Offense:
? ; ? ; Psychic Elemental ; Magic Elemental

"They came from the depths of the Void, an ancient enemy of an ancient people. No-one knows why they hate us so, or why they have made war upon us. Some say the struggle against their evil is the Mandate of Heaven. Though their origins and purpose are shrouded in mystery, their plan is simple. They travel, they land, and then they conquer. Now, they are here on our world, to do to us what they have done to so many others. And they will do it - unless someone stops them."

A Juggernaut of the Devils weilding Chaotic Armor and an Unstoppable Charge
leaves a wake of destruction that obliterates everything in its path.
Juggernaut (shown), Juggernaut Ravager

Succubus, Succubus Mistress, Lilam

The undead are not known for their might. They are known for the fear the reek, for the death they spew, for the disease they spread. They fill their ranks with the dead of their enemies to grow their horde and the morale of the living falter. If these corpses from the grave aren't destroyed, they will continue to multiply with no mercy.

Walking Dead (shown), Zombie, Mutant Zombie, Plague Zombie

Vampires

Barbarians are pure warriors and masters of dealing physical damage to their opponents and bringing down fortifications. They know little in the way of magic, therefore they rely on their brute strength and durability to get the job done.

Crusher
"Shaman gets last word, Warrior get last smash!" This famous Orc saying is not spoken as a joke by Crushers, and holds a great deal of truth. When a Crusher attacks and its enemy retaliates it attacks again. Though they may be Orcs of few words, their weapons speak for them.

Wizards study their arcane craft in their towers. Their motives are to gain knowledge, and use it in a unique way so that their heroes can attain masterful proficiency in magic. Magic is one of their strongest assets. These populations are comprised of creatures bound into service by powerful magic, made on the spot through means of alchemy and metallurgical skills, or allied with the town through ancient pacts. These armies have uniformly good morale and some of the best range attack units available.

Just animate that chariot I sent you already!

Just animate that chariot I sent you already!

After this I am making horses and unicorns and maybe new pegasus' (Just like your avatar!). So then once horse animations are done, I can port them over to chariot. I will finish it then.

That Juggernaut is scary.

Great! Just what I was aiming for! :devil:

TimeLine Outline and Ideas

This mod will not use separate eras as CoMM3 did. It will follow a structured era progression. Each era will play out a part of the Might and Magic history.

ERA 1: Guardian Sheltem / Terra
Spoiler :
He was a S.H.E.L.T.E.M. unit Guardian who was designed by the Ancients to act as the overseer and "Supreme Law" of the seeded world of Terra, but poorly-implemented directives and logical faculties caused him to turn renegade: resolutely convinced that the Ancients were working against his goal to protect Terra, he launched an interplanetary campaign against his creators, driving worlds into their suns and disrupting the destinies of numerous projects. Sheltem is powerful and must be defeated.

* Sheltem is out to destroy the world, He is a powerful faction and will not be easily taken down by any individual civilization.
* The Soul Box resource will have to be found and used to help eliminate this powerful foe.
* Sheltem brings with him units that are tough to take down when attacked.
* The primary goal is to take down Sheltem before the end of era 1, or the difficulty increases considerably.

ERA 2: Enroth
Spoiler :
This era brings Heroes and the Grail into play. Also important is armageddon's blade and Escaton. This era ultimately ends when the sword of frost and armageddons blade clash and destroy the world. Luckily portals open bringing the survivors to the new world of Axeoth.

* Heroes come into play.
* Grails come into play.
* Special side-quests revolving around Escaton and Armageddon's Blade.

ERA 3: Axeoth
Spoiler :
This new world is a time of rebuilding and starting anew from the problems that plagued the world of Enroth. But have things really changed? Difficult wars and conflicts, and maintaince and rebuilding will take a toll on those whom are not prepared.

* A time of rebuilding from war. A lot of rebuilding of structures to cope with changes and new dangers will take place.
* Corruption and Pollution will have to dealt with during this era, and with continued wars, it will be a struggle for survival during this time. But the powerful whom survive will be ready to for the brutal final era.

ERA 4: Ashan
Spoiler :
Planet Ashan, the location of Heroes of Might and Magic 5, 6, and Dark Messiah, this era will incorporate various aspects of these latest games.

* New resources appear revolving around various aspects of the later M&M games.

Do we actually get flying squares of land in the middle of outer space?

Top Bottom