Bison Resource

Ryoga

King
I have created a mod that enables the bison bonus resource from the "conquest of the new world - deluxe" scenario in the main game.

The code is very simple and does not affect the gameplay or game balance in any significant way. All that this mod do is replacing existing cows with bison which are for all practical purposes identical to cows (with the only exception that they need camps instead of pastures).

Included in the mod an "options.xml" file, that can be modified with the parameters that you prefer.
By default this mod replaces with bison all the cows that are on the western third (35%) of the map (to simulate the fact that bison are found on the western continent) . But you can set it so that all the cows will be replaced, only those at the north, south, center or anything that you wish. You can also select a random replacement system.

You must have the "conquest of the new world - deluxe" scenario for this mod to work.

Tested with "more luxuries" "perfect world" "info addict" and several other mods. No incompatibility issues have been found by me so far, but I haven't tested it on a whole game yet.

PS: Don't worry, the bison resource has a proper fonticon in this mod, created by me by resizing the official big artwork for the civilopedia.

Attachments

• Bison Resource (v 1).civ5mod
    5.3 KB · Views: 134
Top Bottom