General question on some mods.

Bobbarry51

Chieftain
I am returning to Civilization V after a long break and enjoying it. I have added the Community Patch (v.117) and am very pleased with the changes I have noted so far. Praise for the fine work done!

I was musing about adding the InfoAddict mod and then in the future adding the complete Vox Populi of which I believe Community Patch is a subset. That lead to actually reading the instructions (what a concept!) in the Community Patch – How To Install post.

I originally purchased the Civ V game and Brave New World on disks and I have all that content. Stated differently, looking at the Requirements:, I do not have Gods and Kings Expansion, All Leader DLC or Ancient Wonders DLC. I am not really inclined to go and purchase these missing items. I will find out if this is an issue with the Community Patch as I continue playing.

That said my first inquiry was: Does the InfoAddict mod contain any .dll? I saw the admonition in the post that any mod containing a .dll may cause problems. I have looked through the zip folder and do not see any, just being cautious.

My second inquiry would be a somewhat unfair question: Do I really need all the download content to use Vox Populi, missing some leaders, maps and wonders does not really bother me?

Thank you for your time.

Top Bottom