The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse

Gray Wolf

Winter Wolf
I sort of want to add the four horseman of the apocalypse to one of my mods
so I am looking for creative feedback about the best way to do it.

The White Horse
Spoiler :

The Red Horse
Spoiler :

The Black Horse
Spoiler :

The Pale Horse
Spoiler :

Here are my thoughts about what I could do:

1. Add them in the game as 4 different wonders and each wonder will build the unit one time. For example the White Horse wonder will build a White Horse unit. The Red Horse Wonder will build a Red Horse unit. The Black Horse Wonder ... a Black Horse. And the Pale Horse Wonder ... a Pale Horse.

The issue would be... should I make it so that only 1 civilization can get all 4 horseman of the apocalypse or should I make it so that any civilization can get any of the wonders at any time.

According to Revelations, the White Horse comes first. Then the Red. Then the Black.
And then the Pale Horse. So I could make it so that the Red requires White, the Black requires Red, and the Pale Horse requires the Black Horse. That way the civilization that gets the White Horse can build all 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse. And they will always build them in sequence.

2. Add them to the game as Wonders but don't make any units for them.

3. Possibly make it where the civilization that gets any of these Wonders
will get advantages but also disadvantages (2 unhappy in each city for example)

4. Make only 1 wonder called the 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse.

5. Don't put them in the game at all.

6. Give them to Israel only because Armageddon will probably happen there.

Anyway, I'm just curious what ideas other people might have on this. I think they'd be sort of fun to have in the game.

It might be more interesting to use their names - what the represent - instead of just their color.

My thought on how you can do this (I won't address whether or not you should, or why you are doing it) are like so:

1. Make them small wonders

2. Conquest (The White Horse) - stats can be whatever you want, but it should require a tech, require a Victorious Army, and Autoproduce a White Rider every n turns. Alternatively, some Interpretations are that the White Horse is Pestilence, and if you prefer to go that route, you can do something Pollution - either reducing it or adding to it. Perhaps you can make it do both?

3. War (The Red Horse) - stats can be whatever you want, but it should require Conquest (or Pestilence), give some war-related benefit and/or drawback, and Autoproduce a Red Rider every n turns.

4. Famine (The Black Horse) - stats can be whatever you want, but it should require War, give some Food-related benefit and/or drawback, and Autoproduce a Black Rider every n turns.

5. Death (The Pale Horse) - stats can be whatever you want, but it should require Famine, give some Life-lengthening benefit (like in Longevity) and/or drawback, and Autoproduce a Red Rider every n turns. Maybe some sacrifice thrown in.

6. I would go with a mixed approach, but make sure the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

7. You cannot make a wonder build a unit only once (I hit this with Modzilla years ago), but you can make it generate as slowly as every 100 turns.

It might be more interesting to use their names - what they represent - instead of just their color.

Thanks Gojira. I think you are right about focusing on what each horse does.
Conquest, War, Famine, and Death. And requiring each to have the horse before it.

If I make them small wonders, each civilization will have a chance to start an apocalypse of some kind which is sort of cool... but that brings the potential of having more than 1 white horse in the game at the same time, or more than 1 red horse, etc. So I'm not sure...

Anyway, I'm never sure! That's why I wanted to get some feedback from someone.

I like your ideas about each horse ... I'll try to mix it up and have some good and bad elements for each. But make the good outweigh the bad, otherwise no civ would want to get the wonder...

I'm not sure why I want to add this except that it seems cool ... at the moment anyway.

Armageddon? Are you thinking of going the full Book of Revelation route? - Just think: tom2050's Cerberus & (many) Demons & Imp & Angel; his Dread Knight or Black Knight for The Black Horse; Chaos Hydra for those Seven-Headed / Ten-Horned dragons; tom's and Kinboat's Elohim ...

-BTW, a - twisted? - idea: "Armageddon" happens to be the same place as "Megiddo," which is where the first battle recorded in history occurred, so some combo of First & Last battles might prove interesting.

:devil: ,

Oz

Armageddon? Are you thinking of going the full Book of Revelation route? - Just think: tom2050's Cerberus & (many) Demons & Imp & Angel; his Dread Knight or Black Knight for The Black Horse; Chaos Hydra for those Seven-Headed / Ten-Horned dragons; tom's and Kinboat's Elohim ...

-BTW, a - twisted? - idea: "Armageddon" happens to be the same place as "Megiddo," which is where the first battle recorded in history occurred, so some combo of First & Last battles might prove interesting.

:devil: ,

Oz

Thanks Blizzard of Oz! The Black Knight is perfectly evil enough to be my Black Horse. I have a white horse already...so now I just need a good Red Horse and Pale looking horse. I'll look through the rest of Toms units. They are awesome. I'm going to use some of his demons and animal units also.

I'm not making a Revelations mod, although that w/b pretty cool. I'm just trying to finish an epic mod with things I've always wanted in the game. I keep revising it and revising it...one day I'll have it finished. I just want something real fun to play.

Also...I'm not sure how to make battles automatically happen. I think you can do that with the sub bug or something? Anyway, that's not a bad idea ... to make a battle of Megiddo happen at the beginning of the game
and at the end of the game (Armaggeddon).

I'm pretty sure I'm getting rid of the space victory part. I want all civilizations to fight like hell. So I've made every civilization aggressive... I'm not sure what else to do ... to make civs want to fight...except to set up enemies but I don't think I want to do that...

Hmm, isn't there an All-War setting for the game parameters?

I hope so ... but if there is one, I don't know where it is. I just checked the .biq everywhere and didn't see anything like it...

I hope so ... but if there is one, I don't know where it is. I just checked the .biq everywhere and didn't see anything like it...

I thought that it was a setting, but did not find it either. I am checking with someone on it.

When you start up a new game, you can uncheck Wonder Victory, Culture Victory, Space Race Victory, and Victory Point Victories, and things like that.... and by doing so, the only way to win the game is by domination ... but I don't know of any way to induce or provoke all of the civilizations to want to fight each other at a high percentage rate. To me, there's nothing more boring than playing a civ game where none of the civilizations ever want to fight each other... zzz

I've not utilized it, but under the Scenario Properties - Locked Alliance screen you can set up to four alliances and list which other alliances they are permanently at war with.

Right. And that works for whatever countries you set up...but what I want is sort of different ... I want total chaos where all of the countries are aggressively fighting every other country ... all the time. So I set each country to aggressive and this seems to work to some extent...

But what I really wish I could do ... is trigger a war between country X and country Y at any time ... but the game wasn't designed to handle things like that.

I just realized that Tom's Dread Knight is perfect for the Pale horse because it's sort of Pale-Gray in color... so now I just need to find a good Red Horse.

Cool... I just found Civ Armies Spartan Horseman which looks Auburn/Red. It should pass fine as the Red Horse...

Top Bottom