GOTM 140 Aztecs - 1st Spoiler - End of Ancient Times

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
This thread is for your reports of events and progress in GOTM 140 Aztecs up to the date where you are able to research a Medieval tech.

Do not read or post in this thread until you meet this condition. You may reveal Medieval bonus techs from the end of the last Ancient turn and discuss your plans for continuing the game.

Please do not post information here relating to later dates, and please only post maps of your home area and no minimaps.

thanks for setting this up! :)

very interesting game, no usual easy walkover as one could expect in a free GOTM. unfortunately I hardly took any notes... sorry for that. what i can remember is:
-i moved the settler 1NW. did not regret it.
-the start took some time. still i could keep up with the AS or even be ahead. was the first to research Rep and keep a monopoly for some time.
-had an early hit on France and took over their whole island in 2 fast wars. they were out of the game i think shortly after 1000bc.
-around 400bc or so i was able to move my first MGL over to France and move the palace to Paris. the FP already was built on my home island before.
-the same turn and at the first possible situation where i would allow that to happen an Iro unit lost against my UU and triggered my GA.
-Iroland is my 2nd target. they did have MWs but i think i never fought one, so i do not know whether they really had their GA. they will soon be gone.
-i entered the MA i think around 150bc. no research from my side for a while (since Rep), but now i go for Feud in 4t, for better units and better use of the shields...
-lots of diplo so to have the AS weaken each other.
-most probably dom vic for me in this game.

t_x

I had to abandon ship. :confused:

I tried going directly for Republic, which was ok.....But even with trading that out, I was still behind in the tech race. I tried sending a raiding party over to France. A bunch of archers. But half were taken out by French horsemen, and the rest didn't even achieve a victorious battle. I'm not sure they even took a hit point off of any defender....

Anyways, the French sent a measly raiding party consisting of a spearman and a swordman. They took the first city they saw, again, my units didn't even dent them. France repeated this two more times, and at that point, the game was looking pretty bleak. So I made peace with France to try to salvage my island, and what do they do? Immediately land 6 medieval infantry next to my biggest city, demand gold, and declare war. Game over.

Bummed considering I just rocked the Demigod game with India. Oh well. :(

Top Bottom