No matter how tough hockey players are...

...there are times that you just have to wonder why they keep playing.

For those who haven't seen it Drew Miller took a skate blade (yes, razor sharp thing) across the face last night.

He is currently considered 'questionable' for tomorrow's game, after doctors and his wife talked him out of returning for the third period.

I love hockey, but sometimes the whole concept strikes me as insane.

Well, it is only a flesh wound. It's not like he was missing limbs . . .

Fair point. I just think the "once I knew my eye was still there I was ready to play" concept is a bit of a stretch. If I find myself needing to find out if my eye is still there I'm going to have to sit down and examine the choices that I have been making. But perhaps that is just me.

I was just making a Holy Grail reference . . .

I just wanted to get that "knew my eye was still there" quote in. I hadn't seen that one when I did the OP and I thought it was the highlight of the story. Surreal.

Hope the Kings miss the playoffs. Otherwise they might win the cup again.

They do have that "screwed around so much that every game is like a playoff game" thing going again. When they come into the playoffs riding that kind of intensity they do tend to do well.

Yeah, but that require going into the playoffs, which they aren't :p

Yeah, but that require going into the playoffs, which they aren't :p

Gotta watch for the Flames now. Same thing applies. They have been playing 'elimination style' for weeks just to get there...those fat and lazy division clinched take a couple weeks just skating in place teams had best get their eyes open.

Cost the Canes a first round pick I think... them not making the playoffs :mad: .

You're not losing it, you're just getting it one year later than you otherwise would have.

Oh. Thanks for the info. Hope next years draft is as deep as this one.

Probably not.

In other news, I'm kind of scared of the Sens (who are now headed to the playoffs). The way Hammond has been, they have "CINDERELLA RUN WAITING TO HAPPEN" written all over them.

Probably not.

In other news, I'm kind of scared of the Sens (who are now headed to the playoffs). The way Hammond has been, they have "CINDERELLA RUN WAITING TO HAPPEN" written all over them.

I saw a Sens game last week and they looked really good, front to back. Some of the teams at the top in the east also are looking really sloppy, from what I've seen. If they don't snap quickly into playoff shape it could be trouble.

If Montreal can avoid the Lightning they will win the East, wait, forgot about Rangers.
In the West it's most likely Ducks vs Blues.
Gotta check the pairings and matchups more closely.
Perhaps we could get NHL 2015 playoff pool going?
Would require a new thread.

We have to get past the Sens, first, and they scare me.

Top Bottom