02-07-2012 - Hotfix incoming

The only weird thing I noticed is that the camera would snap to a unit, and sometimes if I would try to scroll somewhere else on the map to do something, the camera would snap back to the unit again. It only did it sometimes, and it never did it more than once for the same unit in the same turn.

There is still the issue of Nvidia's 304.48 beta drivers not being able to run the game in DX11 mode.

The game will just crash to desktop at the 2K logo unless I either roll my drivers back or switch to DX9.

Will this be something Nvidia needs to fix on their part, or will it be fixed in a later patch?

Not sure if its a glitch but i cant acsess the "Get Mods" steam overlay because it simply closes on its own after two seconds of it appearing so i cant download any mods from the store, is any one else having this problem ?

I have the occasional 'screen rolls uncontrollably during 'please wait'.

It's rather annoying, but seems to stop as soon as it's my turn. Doesn't happen often, but I've seen it. Had it happen last night.

This seems to happen if I move the "pointer" to the edge of the screen in between turns. I try not to move the screen around too much in between turns. This effect is dizzying. :)

Will there be a fix for the England disembarkation bug?

Greece seems to be buggy in some of my games. Rolled them twice now in multiplayer and there are situations where I am not losing any influence at all.

I only pledge + the asceticism culture policy (or however it is called) and if I complete a city state quest I become an ally and the game bugs it so that I am not losing any influence at all per turn (this is stopped if a rival spy tries to rig or I think as well if I complete another quest)

Greece seems to be buggy in some of my games. Rolled them twice now in multiplayer and there are situations where I am not losing any influence at all.

I only pledge + the asceticism culture policy (or however it is called) and if I complete a city state quest I become an ally and the game bugs it so that I am not losing any influence at all per turn (this is stopped if a rival spy tries to rig or I think as well if I complete another quest)

That's not a bug - It's a feature! :p

Greece UA + shared Religion + Patronage = 0 INF lost/turn.

This seems to happen if I move the "pointer" to the edge of the screen in between turns. I try not to move the screen around too much in between turns. This effect is dizzying. :)

yeah, that's the issue. Don't scroll around when it's not your turn is the way to 'fix' it. ;) Else, the mini-map works for jumping around.

Not sure if its a glitch but i cant acsess the "Get Mods" steam overlay because it simply closes on its own after two seconds of it appearing so i cant download any mods from the store, is any one else having this problem ?

will have to check that, but is it consistent? and... are you on steam/have internet (I actually have to ask that)?

There is still the issue of Nvidia's 304.48 beta drivers not being able to run the game in DX11 mode.

The game will just crash to desktop at the 2K logo unless I either roll my drivers back or switch to DX9.

Will this be something Nvidia needs to fix on their part, or will it be fixed in a later patch?

Don't use beta drivers without knowing the risks, and it's Nvidia's issue (Beta driver makes that obvious).

I too am having problems with NVidia's current drivers. Have to use DX9 to run the game.

Ah lol I feel stupid now. Didn't realize that. I had almost every city state in game not losing influence with me and I was wondering what was going on. Thanks!

Well some other buggy things

=====

Europe Map in Multiplayer tends to resync and rearrange resources on the first turn. Meaning where you though you had a great capital may become a wasteland.

that sounds more like a bug.

Is it consistent? Ie, every single time?

Every multiplayer game I have played on it yes.

People in NQ tend to avoid it now it seems because they also seem to have had the same experiences with the map.

god willing i will be able to use my world builder after this fix, i would REALLY like to reconfig my maps for the XP, also happy to see that the mod fix in offline mode will be fixed but i was also experiencing it just scrolling through the mods in offline mode. hopefully that is fixed without mention.

nope, no world builder fix. still stuck on the loading screen and when i exit the worldbuilder i have to restart my computer because if i close it after waiting 10 minutes for the damn thing to load without anything coming from it, then try starting up the main game it tells me the application isnt available and i need to close CiV, i cant even close steam without closing CiV (which i have no way to do, short of restarting my computer at least long enough to let my computer close out of steam on its own) so yeah, waiting for that to be fixed, would be great for it to be done, was expecting it for the first patch post G&K, guess not.

nope, no world builder fix. still stuck on the loading screen and when i exit the worldbuilder i have to restart my computer because if i close it after waiting 10 minutes for the damn thing to load without anything coming from it, then try starting up the main game it tells me the application isnt available and i need to close CiV, i cant even close steam without closing CiV (which i have no way to do, short of restarting my computer at least long enough to let my computer close out of steam on its own) so yeah, waiting for that to be fixed, would be great for it to be done, was expecting it for the first patch post G&K, guess not.

the 2nd part of the problem is that Civ 5 is run by the world builder, so if it fails, Civ 5 is still running in the background. You can manually stop the Civ 5 process via the Task Manager.

the 2nd part of the problem is that Civ 5 is run by the world builder, so if it fails, Civ 5 is still running in the background. You can manually stop the Civ 5 process via the Task Manager.

tried using the task manager to close world builder, still doesnt work. also if i exit the world builder it doesnt even show up in the task manager. i have noticed that there is a flash when i open up the worldbuilder which makes me question if that is the place where i would normally open up the maps but for some reason its closing itself. i dont know its really pretty irritating as i like to play on my maps and with all of the new content i would like to put it into my maps.

I have this thing ALL the time, you just have to keep pressing Alt Tab, eventually the overlay should remain on.. not sure what exactly is causing the issue. but after several attempts the Overlay should remain on.

Anybody noticing a rather annoying glitch where a unit is select but is immediately skipped to another one and only after you move that unit it is returned to the other?

I've been scoutign with a Spearman and a Scout and everytime it was my turn the camera panned to Scout for a second THEN back to Spearman to move him, (not saying I couldn't move the Scout, it just was 2nd in queue, but everytime my turn started the camera panned to Scout first, which made it rather annoying).

Yes- that is very annoying.

Did anything in the Patch affect purchasing with faith? I can't see it but at present I can't get Inquisitors.

After the upgrade, I am no longer able to click on units. I can click on everything else just fine (like cities, but not units.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom