City placement

PANU

Chieftain

First time I'm posting a picture, so sorry if it's wrong.

Aside from the fact the AI built these useless cities, what ever happened to needing three tiles in between them?

The three-tile rule only applies on a common land mass, so does not affect one-tile islands.

The left one actually isn't too bad. It has fishies and will later grab the iron. The middle one is epic though :D

The left one actually isn't too bad. It has fishies and will later grab the iron. The middle one is epic though :D
Oh look! Siam is playing peacemaker, trying to keep Denmark and Germany(? City name looks Japanese) from fighting! :lol:

@krc: Thanks. I've seen this many times, and I've never understood it.

@Andulias: Agreed!

@Halcyan2: Originally Japanese, but puppeted by Germany.

Well...if you're desparate for oil or iron...and all you can get are ridiculous trade terms from the AI, you'll certainly think of going to one of those spots. I've had to do that on occasion...especially for uranium, which the AI always seem to have plenty of, but I'm usually having to "scrabble" to get...:)

Oh..and the same with aluminum...and sometimes it's good to have a spare GA to grab some deposit just outside your boundaries...or just inside the boundaries of a neighbouring civ or CS...though with the CS if you have lots of money, it's usually better just to "bribe" them to get it...

The AI loves to place cities on crap tiles. The number of times I've seen them settle in the middle of snow rather than the lush green continent right next door

Actually you should be glad that the AI creates these cities. They are perfect "exile" cities - the final remaining city that you leave the AI after you take all his real cities. (You leave him one city so you don't suffer the diplomatic penalty of wiping out a civ, but if you leave him in a crappy city he won't pose a threat).

Top Bottom