Which is your favourite era of the game?

Which is your favourite era?

• Ancient

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Classical

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Medieval

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Renaissance

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Industrial

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Modern

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Don't have one

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
Ancient - exploration, warrior rush, 10 minutes deciding your first city location, chop and whip!
Classical - Tech trading, catapults, The Great Library
Medieval - chanting monks, Knights, Caravels, more exploration!
Renaissance - Harpsichords, Galleons, land grabbing!
Industrial - Airships, railroads, machine gunners
Modern - Nukes, stealth bombers, space race

Me, gotta be Ancient. I love the start, the choices that have to be made, the exploration of the map, setting the stage for the game. Least favourite is modern, each turn takes forever as you move dozens of units round the map.

Industrial for me - it's the era whereas Your Civ really "BOOMS" ;) Not only by production, but production drives more units, more tech buildings built etc. But wait there's more : more possibilieties ! xD , more naval variety, planes ! , and most importantly (for me) the best "era music" :)

Tough question, but went with Classical in the end. It's still early enough that your choices have a significant impact on the direction of your civilization as a whole, but you're researched enough that you have more options as to what to do with each city and expansion is not the clear-cut best choice as often. There's city development, military options, wonders, and expansion all vying for your attention, and ample opportunities to put yourself ahead of the pack in at least one area.

I went with mideval. Best mix of units

Definitely Ancient for me. I like exploring my immediate area and choosing city locations only to have the AI steal them from me (and usually settle them wrong)

For me, Renaissance. That's when all civs start the New World colonization race.

End of Renaissance/Beginning of Industrial era.

The height of wooden navies + riflemen/redcoats + cannons running around and smashing things :)

Another REN vote here as well. Love the Age of Sail and exploring the new world.

Ancient for me, I like the criticality of the decisions you make, early map exploration, planning out your civ and game strategy, going horribly broke and coming up with ways of reaching currency.

Being able to skimp on a few cannons cos (capital) ships can bombard (coastal city) defences is nice as well :D

You betcha! Especially if your playing as England.

Industrial for me - it's the era whereas Your Civ really "BOOMS" ;) Not only by production, but production drives more units, more tech buildings built etc. But wait there's more : more possibilieties ! xD , more naval variety, planes ! , and most importantly (for me) the best "era music" :)

Can only agree. This is where conquest starts for real. Cannons breaks those castles, riflemen can be drafted and production snowballs, levee-mining inc-factory-power
I hate the late medieval where castle makes conquest so slow, its just a stalemate.

My vote for Renaissance (Astro specially - REX final level) but I love modern era too... guided missiles if more precise.. I don't like Nuclear weapons (UN resolution is for this) so "1st strike" from sea with many guided missiles is "modern era celebrations" :D

I voted ancient. It is when your decision matter most.

Classical for me. Catapults, Swords, Axes & 'phants. Production still mostly comes from a lot of whipping and your decisions are still weighted heavily (granted, not as heavily as ancient).

That's probably the reason I still like playing marathon games. Normal games breeze through the classical era too quickly IMHO.

Top Bottom