What's the first mod you want?

usadefcon1

Prince
Mine is to make the Roman forts look like Roman forts.

And to turn the envoy symbol back to the older handshake icon.

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

I think I want to restrict how far districts can be from city centre... I want there to be rural areas between cities... maybe keeping those areas to wonders and improvements (the outermost hex ring).

I like that idea a lot. In fact, if it's possible, I'd like to see a mod that adds one more workable hex ring for cities which can only be used that way. More farms and rural areas between cities would be nice.

“Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx

I think it will be doable in xml... there are already provisions that certain districts should be adjacent to the city centre. If there are provisions that the be adjacent to certain other districts then I can see hiw this might be accomplished in xml. A fourth ring is a different matter all together.

Another way might be to more severely restrict the building of districts... I think 1 can be added to a city for every 3 population. This could be modified in xml to one to every 4, for example. However, those civs with a free extra district like Germany might become too overpowered. Since I am thinking more of scenarios, this does not matter much to me, but could be problematic generally.

Earth map TSL, if not included in the base game.

City-state leaders mod, simple mod that gives leader picture to each city-state, liked it in Civ 5 and gives more personality to CSs.

Probably a texture-mod. While I like the overall style the terrain still look too "bright" and cartoonish-colored to me.

Then we'll need the source code on release....

The question was "what is the first mod you want", not "the first mod available" or "the first mod you'll install"...

As for the first mods I'll inevitably end up installing before the one I actually want, are ones I'll have to. Those would probably be some minor or major bug / questionable design mechanic fixes (such as trade routes mess in BE or some major flaws in UI). Such things that would make it next to impossible to enjoy the game without, until fixed in patches or modded.

Those are not the mods I deserve, but the ones I need :p

That said I might install some "historical religions, more religious icons" mod if only to have a proper icon for mah vikings.

I want a mod that gives player's the ability to rename units whenever they please (can't believe this even needs to be a mod :rolleyes: ). Oh, and get rid of the character limit while you're at it.

Extended late-game. I really miss pushing my civilization into the age of arcologies and undersea colonies.

Slower tech and civics, so there is actual time to build stuff. From what I've seen in Marbozir's Greece video, the research times are flash fast in comparison to production times, like in Civ5, which disgusts me.

Also, no beelining, because that is even worse than research speed.

Aaaaaand increase city spacing from 3 hexes to 4. I hate when AI settles cities too close to each other.

For me an user interface mod seems to be most important.
From what I've seen there isn't even a list of your cities as in F1 list in Civ4 where you can easily see what each city is doing. There seems to be no easy way to identify most productive city, cities with most fewer districts, cities with specific districts, no way to plan your amenities, etc.

If at all possible I would love a mod that improves unit movement. Ideally an ability to select and move multiple units together.
Also units with movement orders don't show visually where these orders are to in the latest version of the game that I have seen.

Top Bottom