Gamers Magazine scores Civ Rev 95/100!

dshirk

Firaxian
Just had to post this. This is only the second review we've received, this one from the Spanish gaming magazine "Gamers". They've rewarded the title 95/100. :)

"We are talking about the best strategy game available today".

"Civilization Revolution should be in your collection".

"We start with a risky affirmation: Civilization Revolution is the best strategy game that has been developed for consoles"

We know that we've made a great game, but review time always makes us hold our breath a bit.

ummmmmmmm, I don't get how they can review a game even though it hasn't been released yet....

ummmmmmm, they probably received an early review version of the game from Firaxis, as is commonplace regarding reviews. After all the game is out in Europe in a couple of weeks, so I´m sure it´s not pure guessing or black magic ;)

oh yeah, I was really tired when I posted that...

me too! you're marleyinater right? maybe I'll play you one day...

Sadly, magazine reviews are meaningless in the modern world: If they review it, they give it 90 points just for installing.

what the heck are you talking about? magazines rate things the same way they always have, and most of them have websites now too where you can access their content...so...not sure how much more 'modern' they need to get.

They oversimplified many features on CivRev and made too many Eurasian civs (and too many European civs). I would give it an 8.5, and it would still be the best strategy game for consoles because there are none for PS3/360! It's pretty much CivRev, Halo3, and GTA4. I'd go w/ CivRev.

I have no problem with a more simple version of Civilization as long as:
1) Better AI.
One of the problem with adding so much depth and options to a strategy game is programing the AI to handle them. Unlike other civ games Rev has only one size map and the same number of AI civ per game so it should be a little easier to focus the rules and AI to provide a challenge.
2) Better Multiplayer.
Since Rev game can be finished in 3-6 hours hopefully this will produce more interesting online games. As with civ4, there is really only one victory condition that matters; Conquest. Here again since there are limited options hopefully Rev is balance enough that make all victory condition possible in multiplayer.

These are the two things I'll be watching for in the reviews. So if both of these are done right then 9.5/10 score would be very reasonable to me.

They oversimplified many features on CivRev and made too many Eurasian civs (and too many European civs). I would give it an 8.5, and it would still be the best strategy game for consoles because there are none for PS3/360! It's pretty much CivRev, Halo3, and GTA4. I'd go w/ CivRev.
there's actually more than a couple for the 360, but I can't get Civrev when it first comes out!:mad::mad:

95 is all very well, but r these the same people who gave gta4 100%? dont get me wrong gta4 is a good game but hardy worthy of 10/10 which is what the majority of mags rated it. So as you may guess i am sumwhat sceptical of games mags.

I saw a review today in a xbox mag (forget the name, its the only one that does not have a disk on it so is cheap at £2.95 ) i did not get a chance to read it but the final score was 7/10, so already opinions vairy. i'll still get it as i have bought all the civs since civ1,and are the only games i ever come back to.

gta iv i belive is t a very very amasing game through it hasn t got the playability of Civilisation.I highly trust them and i love the new GUI through the cartoonm graphics suck a biyt but that ius just my opinion.
i hope civ v will have an interface similar to revolution...of course complex like the one in civ iv

95 is all very well, but r these the same people who gave gta4 100%? dont get me wrong gta4 is a good game but hardy worthy of 10/10 which is what the majority of mags rated it. So as you may guess i am sumwhat sceptical of games mags.

I saw a review today in a xbox mag (forget the name, its the only one that does not have a disk on it so is cheap at £2.95 ) i did not get a chance to read it but the final score was 7/10, so already opinions vairy. i'll still get it as i have bought all the civs since civ1,and are the only games i ever come back to.

you realize that almost everyone gave GTA4 a 10, not just magazines, right?
I personally think GTA4 is closer to a 7/10 or 6/10...but that's just me, apparently.

you realize that almost everyone gave GTA4 a 10, not just magazines, right?
I personally think GTA4 is closer to a 7/10 or 6/10...but that's just me, apparently.

No, I second you there. I bought it after all the hype, played it, and wondered why almost EVERYONE was giving it a perfect score when it's the same basic missions over and over and there aren't many significant additions to the game from GTA3. The plot doesn't even follow the structure of an intriguing gangster narrative; why don't more of Niko Bellic's associates backstab him for his cut? Why doesn't Niko Bellic rise up in the criminal world and hire people to work for him, instead of simply doing all the grunt work for everyone else? If the reviewers are going to compare the game to Godfather, then Niko Bellic should rise up to the status of a Godfather instead of just doing everyone else's work!

Sorry for the GTA4 is overrated rant...

Top Bottom