New Unit - Black Bull - March 20, 2014

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
"If you mess with the Bull, you get the Horns" :lol:

This is a Black Bull I made by request and for The Old West MOD Balthasar and I are working on.

Unit gif Preview Speed slightly differs in Game.
Default-Run-Fidget-Fortify-Attack-Victory-Fortify-Attack-Death:

This Unit does not have Civ Specific Colors.

Included Files:
Civilopedia BlackBullLarge.pcx, BlackBullSmall.pcx, BlackBull_units_32.pcx
Alternate and Extra Images.
Adjusted .ini file,
Animations (flcs): BlackBullDefault, BlackBullRun, BlackBullFortify, BlackBullAttack,
BlackBullFidget, BlackBullDeath, BlackBullVictory. Captued Flc uses the Fortify Flc.
Sounds: BlackBullRun.wav, BlackBullFortify.wav, BlackBullAttack.wav, BlackBullFidget.wav,
BlackBullDeath.wav, BlackBullVictory.wav and BlackBullCaptured.wav.
Remade the Default Flc to use Offsets so the Unit is seen on the Bottom Right Game Unit Window Box Better.

Game tested

You can get the Zip File Here

Last edited:
Gojira54... I had to remake the texture Files and I altered the Death to accommodate the Horns that differ from the Longhorn Steer and I adjusted the run so the Head of the Bull does not sway and bounce as much as the Longhorn Steer. Otherwise it uses the same animations.
...I would have liked to have been able to provide better actions for the Charge, Run and Attack but the Model has problems with the legs and kinematics. It was a chore to get around the problems.

Jerry'sGoldfish Requested this and Balthasar and I can use it too.

Just a basic close up of the death:

Last edited:
Love that death! Since this is not a Texas Longhorn Steer, this would make a better fit for the Mediterráneo Toro as well. I may keep the Longhorn as the generic Cattle Ranch escapee.

Well done mate! I love how we can even see a hint of sheen on his fur. :goodjob:

Thanks Guys... I may make a Dairy Cow and perhaps a Calf to serve as the Upgrade to the Bulls. The problem is that there is no single Calf that would Fit all of the Bovines.

You know one could use the Word "Calf" on a blank Default animation (one Frame) to serve as the 1st unit that upgrades to the various Bulls, Cows, etc... That would simply pop up over the City when it was built and also be seen in the City Screen as the Word Calf before Upgrading it to one of the Bovines. Otherwise perhaps only a Default Flc would be required for the Calf...unless it is desirable to have a Run, Fidget and Death.

I have many units that need to be made for The Old West MOD and I already set up a Model for a Marshal to make. I will use Michael 4 for that so animating it is a Chore :LOL:

Gojira54... Yes, I thought perhaps it would fit better for your Game.

COAtlantis1745... Thanks, I remade the Textures so the Black Bull would show more than just Black at Civ Scale. The sheen is visible in game.

Marshal Set Up:
...The Shirt is Civ Specific Colored

Attachments

• MarshalPreview.png
    MarshalPreview.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 213
The marshal is great! He is so well detailed that it's kind of creepy. He may be out to protect the beleaguered villagers :cowboy: ...or he could be the latest gunslinger android from The Company. :scan:

Dear Vuldacon
thank you for the wonderful bovine units and the beautiful models!

It seems that there is a accumulating opportunity for a set of megafauna unit collection to be used in Prehistoric or even some medieval scenarios.

Is it possible to make alternative coloration (reddish-brown version in addition to this black one. Both with white lips and white dorsal stripes)?
And slightly enlarge this black bull so it could be comparable to tall horse units and to the bisons converted by Tom2050? - In this case it will be almost perfect for the wild Auroch males and females representation.
We already have great woolly mammoths units, some gomphoteres/mastodons, good bison and then there would be aurochs :)

Could you possibly make rhinoceroces of your top quality? :)

Yep, the picture is Ok with an exception of the horns - those the horns of domestic cow, not the lethal weapon used by real Aurochs.

Actually the horns the Spanish Lidia fighting bulls are perfect. And they are already in the model submitted by .Vuldacon

oneofacrowd... Thank You, Glad you like the bovine units.
To make an Auroch with the Specifications you posted is possible but I would have to make New Textures and see what would show well in a Civ Game.

...rhinoceroces could be made. Really it is all a matter of Time and Motivation.

I currently have several Units to make such as the Marshal for the Old West MOD I posted above. I have that Unit ready to animate but have been too busy working on My EFZI2 Complete Game. That is now Updated and I have been enjoying the Holiday Break.

I am trying to imagine what Games would use the different Bulls and especially a Rhino.

oneofacrowd... Thank You, Glad you like the bovine units.
To make an Auroch with the Specifications you posted is possible but I would have to make New Textures and see what would show well in a Civ Game.

...rhinoceroces could be made. Really it is all a matter of Time and Motivation.

I currently have several Units to make such as the Marshal for the Old West MOD I posted above. I have that Unit ready to animate but have been too busy working on My EFZI2 Complete Game. That is now Updated and I have been enjoying the Holiday Break.

I am trying to imagine what Games would use the different Bulls and especially a Rhino.

For a 2-horn rhino, anything in sub-Sahara Africa would have that as a valuable resource, both for the horn and the hide.

As for the bulls, that would require a bit more different approach, as you would need to make them a bonus resource but with different stats than cattle. I see cattle as producing dairy goods-generating revenue, leather-generating shields (think leather drive belts, springs for coaches, leather stropping for fine sharping, leather aprons for blacksmiths), and meat and dairy for food (remember cheese was a way of preserving milk for the winter months when the cattle dried up because of lack of forage). The bulls would be biased to leather and horn production, generating more shields for the leather and some revenue from the horn, but less food value.

By the way, as I had not commented earlier, lovely work.

Top Bottom