Faerun

Hello FramedArchitect,

a minor suggestion :

have you considered to use Zwei833's Poleaxeman as skin for the Human Maceman?

it would look more like a Maceman than the Spearman skin.

Again congrats for the mod, it's a masterpiece!

I've just noticed in the strategy game (rather than the Sword Coast scenario) that workboats can now build bridges over a single water hex. When did this happen? Is this a happy by-product of Sword Coast, or did this happen before and I just didn't notice?

Anyway, huzzah! The further outposts of my drow empire are no longer many turns away from reinforcement, and ever at the mercy of marauding aboleths.

Building a bridge consumes the workboat (as is usual) and provides a land connection but not a road connection. However, a worker can build a road on the bridge.

Playing with the mod v14 (not the Sword Coast Scenario) I noticed two interface issues:

- After building a Macemen I get each time it comes up in the unit cycle or I call it up manually the upgrade decision window despite not being able to update it at all yet. Can this somehow be suppressed until you actually have the choice at all?

- My hero got enough EXP to promote after winning at fight in the middle of my turn and I picked the two available combat promotions. In the next interurn the notification about "hero gaining a level" came up - without any chance to pick anything. Is that just a delayed informtion what I have already done or do I actually have missed out on something else then the promo pick?

Playing with the mod v14 (not the Sword Coast Scenario) I noticed two interface issues:

- After building a Macemen I get each time it comes up in the unit cycle or I call it up manually the upgrade decision window despite not being able to update it at all yet. Can this somehow be suppressed until you actually have the choice at all?

- My hero got enough EXP to promote after winning at fight in the middle of my turn and I picked the two available combat promotions. In the next interurn the notification about "hero gaining a level" came up - without any chance to pick anything. Is that just a delayed informtion what I have already done or do I actually have missed out on something else then the promo pick?

RIGHT click on the right hand screen icon (the promotion). Save and reload. This has happen to me half dozen times and the above usually does the trick.

Updated Sword Coast Scenario to v.5, available via link in top post and on Steam.

• Content: Adds a new, fairly easy quest line available in Neverwinter.
  • Bugfixes for a few minor quest issues.

Note that if you have already visited Neverwinter, the new quests will not be available in your current game. They will however be available in new games.

Updating to v.5 will not break saved games.

I've decided to bite the bullet and do a more extensive update for Faerun for BNW which will partially incorporate some ideas from the Sword Coast Scenario.

New Unit Promotion System
  • Replace most base game promotions with new Item Promotions appropriate to a fantasy world.
  • Item Promotions encompass 5 categories: Armor, Weapons, Clothes, Jewelry, Potions, Scrolls
  • Units will only be able to have one Item Promotion in each category.
  • Some Item promotions will grant the unit unique spells that can proc on hit or on being hit.
  • Some Item Promotions will only be available to certain races or tiers of units.
  • Heroes will have access to Unique Item Promotions.

Gambling Tent
  • Available to human player upon building a circus

Improved UI
  • Heroes
  • Quests
  • Spells Reference

I've decided to bite the bullet and do a more extensive update for Faerun for BNW which will partially incorporate some ideas from the Sword Coast Scenario.

• Replace most base game promotions with new Item Promotions appropriate to a fantasy world.
  • Item Promotions encompass 5 categories: Armor, Weapons, Clothes, Jewelry, Potions, Scrolls
  • Some Item promotions will grant the unit unique spells that can proc on hit or on being hit.
  • Some Item Promotions will only be available to certain races or tiers of units.

Gambling Tent

Improved UI
  • Heroes
  • Quests
  • Spells Reference

That's what I have been waiting to hear. While your Sword Coast is amazing (the polish/professionalism) I don't play civ (4/5) for an RPG, rather a strategic nation building game (with large chucks of RPG thrown in). IMHO games like Neverwinter night are just unbeatable in that particular genres, mainly due to being built from the ground up as that type of game.

Long story short, great news.

Cheers

Gambling Tent

Improved UI
  • Heroes
  • Quests
  • Spells Reference

Great news! I just finished the sword coast and the last fight is a real night mare will try it again with more preparation.

Not too sure what morale is for since I didn't see any clues about it. But then is that the tree hiding the forest! In any case, as a role play point a view if morale is crucial then maybe the penalty for adding one neutral aligned to a party of good/evil is a bit much.

Not too sure what morale is for

It functions exactly like happiness in base game: Each point of negative morale equals -2% combat strength. Each dead hero subtracts 5 from morale. To discourage (though not significantly limit) mixed parties. If morale passes -10 then followers not of the leader's current alignment will defect and can never be rehired.

This mod is really amazing !
I didn't had any isssue with this mod, it runs smothly with bnw.
(it's my first game though)
I guess it's not a bug but I am still searching for unit upgrade though.
IE trying to upgrade archer with bow+1, i have the building and the ressource but i can't find a way to do it, any idea ?

thx

I don't think you can upgrade units.

Edit: let me expand on that. If you now have bows +1, you can build the archer * unit, but you can't (as far as I know) upgrade your plain bottom tier archers to archer *s, nor when you get bows +2 could you upgrade an archer * to an archer **.

If I am mistaken in this, someone please put me straight.

I don't think you can upgrade units.

Edit: let me expand on that. If you now have bows +1, you can build the archer * unit, but you can't (as far as I know) upgrade your plain bottom tier archers to archer *s, nor when you get bows +2 could you upgrade an archer * to an archer **.

If I am mistaken in this, someone please put me straight.

This is one design decision I did not like. I would rather have more variety of units, or have ability to upgrade them. It's sad to disband outdated units which earned a lot of promotions.

This is one design decision I did not like. I would rather have more variety of units, or have ability to upgrade them. It's sad to disband outdated units which earned a lot of promotions.

I take your point, but unlike vanilla Civ there is never a spearman vs tank disparity, so those old units still have their uses. Also higher tier units are always going to be limited due to availability of weapon/armour/mount resources, so I often still need the lower tiers for routine duties like garrisons, patrolling borders etc., while the tougher units get the tougher jobs. Old units can also be used in the first wave of an attack to soften up the enemy before your shiny new top tier units go in.

Is it possible to change the spell/skill hotkeys?
Some spells use the vanilla hotkeys.

If I ever release another version, I'll change the hotkeys.

However, my plan is that Faerun for BNW v.15 will be the last update to these mods (expect late June). Given the lack of interest in these mods and the imminent release of a new civ game, I see no reason to invest more time here. In fact, I am considering removing the Faerun mods at the end of 2016 as I will no longer have time to support them.

Also, to answer a question I have received in other venues, I will not be making a version of Faerun for Civ6, though I do hope ambitious modders will bring new fantasy worlds into being.

I was playing FFH on civ 4 and I am playing your mod on civ 5. But I do love MP which was made hard with mods for civ 5 :-/ I am still checking this thread because I`d love to play new version of Faerun

Hi, I was wondering if v.15 is still in the works.

If it is I have a bug, I don't know if it happening in the basic game, but with your mod if you get a free spell selection and you already have all spell's researched the game will not let you end your turn.

Also:

I was wondering if I wanted to make a mod that removed prohibitions on schools of magic, what files would I need to replace or alter?

Top Bottom