[MoM] Mystical Conquests (MoM, Civ, AoW, HoMM like game)

Blake00

CFC Mod Archivist & Social Media Helper
Supporter
Oooh another 'Master of Magic like' 4X fantasy strategy indie game (with a touch of Heroes of Might & Magic too) has been detected! This one is called Mystical Conquests and uses rather cool looking retro 8bit pixel art graphics and sounds. Interestingly the author doesn't list MoM or HoMM and instead lists Civilization, Age of Wonders and Final Fantasy Tactics among it's major influences, however the AoW series essentially began as a merger of the awesome MoM and HoMM like gameplay formulas anyway so I guess my original comparison still works lol. Can definitely see all the usual lovely hallmarks of the 4x fantasy strategy genre here such as exploring a world map filled with lairs & treasures, building & developing cities, researching new technologies, fighting battles with heroes & armies of creatures, item crafting and spell casting too. There's a playable demo for people to try out and give feedback on and the full game is scheduled for 2024 release. I'll chuck some more details below! I run the Master of Magic Facebook & Discord groups and am a big HoMM addict too so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one! :)

1700377132392.png 1700377181428.png

Here's the official game description copied from their steam page:

Mystical Conquests is a turn-based strategy RPG in which you lead a group of survivors in a world where the forces of evil are trying to destroy every civilization. Expand your realm, learn new technologies, train your soldiers, fight enemy hordes, and try to save the world!

Explore the world​

Explore a wide variety of procedurally generated maps with unique locations, special features and useful treasures. Meet other civilizations that could become your allies or your enemies. But beware of the orcs, beasts, undead or other monsters that are roaming everywhere !

Build an empire​

Found new cities to expand your realm, learn technologies to unlock new structures and classes, construct buildings to acquire resources and use them in a variety of ways. Will you optimize your iron production to build mighty legions or exploit mana crystals to summon powerful magic beings ?

Save the world​

Manage your defense to survive the non-stop onslaughts of the forces of evil. Raise a powerful army by training units and hiring recruits, and fight the Dark Lord and his minions to save the world.

Features​

• Mystical Conquests couples tactical turn-based gameplay with a strategic layer inspired by 4X games in a procedurally generated open world
  • Expand and improve your city and build new towns. Improve your army by hiring and training soldiers to form powerful squads
  • Learn new buildings and soldier classes with a unique research system inspired by strategy card games
  • Direct soldier squads in fast-paced turn-based tactical battles against a diverse enemy roster. But death is permanent !
  • Each character gains experience through combat, can level up, acquire powerful skills and be promoted to advanced classes
  • Multiple scenarios each with a different boss and their own special mechanics

About us​

I'm an independent game developer from Paris, France. This game is a dream project of mine on which I'm working for several years. I work on every aspect of the game but my area of expertise is software engineering and my true passion is designing games. I'm helped by the amazing Aleksandr Makarov for all the pixel arts and by my brother and RatticusVile for the music.

For Mystical Conquests, I took a lot of inspiration from the original X-Com and his reboot, Civilization series, Age of Wonders series, Final Fantasy Tactics, Into the Breach and lots other great games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom