RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

That Davis is beautiful.

So beautiful, it had made the rest of my year...

...until I saw that map.

omg that map, with West Virginia still part of Virginia; Kentucky, Oklahoma and Missouri claimed... those alone would have been gorgeous. But that claim on New Mexico Territory, oh man. Words cannot describe how happy that makes me feel. :D

*edit*

Just noticed the Stars and Bars outside the window on the leaderscreen and the steamboats on the map. Loving this mod more and more.

So I was toying with this civ idea and thought it'd be thematically most fitting for you, so I wonder what do you think of it:

Angola Janga
Leader: Zumbi
UA: Free Resistance: Earn Golden Age points from Freeing Captured civilians and culture from Plundering Trade Routes.
UU: Maroon: Replaces Crossbowman. Earns extra experience from pillaging improvements and has a chance to spawn another Maroon when doing so.
UI: Pit Trap: Unlocked at Trapping. Invisible to other players. Enemy units ending their turn on a Pit Trap take damage.

Civ is, obviously, based on the Kilombo dos Palmares in Colonial Brazil, a town of slaves that'd eventually become a full fledged Kingdom made out of escaped Slaves. It was short lived (somewhat), but it certainly left a lasting Legacy in the history of Brazil and it certainly was huge while it still existed, so I believe it's a civ worthy of being represented.

I tried to make it around freeing units and fighting against oppresion, making it quite an annoying civ to play against due to the disruption they bring to trade routes, I admit I had troubles coming up with the UA (particularly the name) but I think it came out nicely.

I like the idea, and I'll definitely keep it in mind. Not gonna plan for/confirm doing it any time soon, though, on account of my huge backlog of mods. Even once I get California/Yucatan/CSA out, I've got a lot of eagerly-anticipated civs waiting in the queue.

I tried to use real quotes as the basis for all lines if possible.

Davis
Greeting: "All we ask is to be let alone. Would you be so kind as to do that from now on?"
"Welcome to the Confederacy. We would be honored if you pay respect to our people."
War: "I worked night and day for twelve years to prevent the war, but I could not. You were mad and blind, would not let us govern ourselves, and so the war has come."
"The time for compromise has now passed, and the South is determined to maintain her position, and make all who oppose her smell Southern powder and feel Southern steel."
Defeat: "If the Confederacy has fallen, there should be written on its tombstone: Died of a Theory."
"This is a war of Northern Aggression! The South has valiantly defended its values and lands. We will never die."

Those are really good!

I stumbled across this on Youtube and thought I'd suggest it for the CSA peace music, since it's still recognizable and fits peacetime pretty well. Entirely up to you, though! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R1dtIf8LQM

I quite like it, and I think I will use it! Origin-wise, it's also fitting given my choice of War theme.

Also, can someone come up with some TSL coordinates for the CSA? The capital is obviously Richmond, and that gives rise to some issues, notably the extremely close proximity of Washington. A 4-tile distance from Washington is probably impossible even on Giant Earth, but I'd like to keep at least 1 or 2 tiles in between the two capitals, so that both Washington and Davis can found a capital if the player has a mod that lowers the minimum distance of cities. As a reminder to whomever takes this quest, the TSL coordinates for Washington are:
Giant: X 155 Y 63
Huge: X 30 Y 54
Greatest: X 19 Y 47

I quite like it, and I think I will use it! Origin-wise, it's also fitting given my choice of War theme.

Also, can someone come up with some TSL coordinates for the CSA? The capital is obviously Richmond, and that gives rise to some issues, notably the extremely close proximity of Washington. A 4-tile distance from Washington is probably impossible even on Giant Earth, but I'd like to keep at least 1 or 2 tiles in between the two capitals, so that both Washington and Davis can found a capital if the player has a mod that lowers the minimum distance of cities. As a reminder to whomever takes this quest, the TSL coordinates for Washington are:
Giant: X 155 Y 63
Huge: X 30 Y 54
Greatest: X 19 Y 47

Since Washington is the American leader, you could just have Philadelphia as the capital and eliminate Washington...just a thought.

For reference already - Ottawa, Onondaga and Washington all have the same amount of distance (1-2 tiles) between them.

You might also be able to get away with Montgomery for the CSA.

Is there a way to designate a secondary capital location if they would be too close? Like, say, if America isn't in the game, the CSA would have Richmond, but if they were, either America uses Phildaelphia/New York/insert capital or CSA uses Montgomery?

Atlanta could maybe work as well?

For further reference, the starting location for the Inuit's Ivvavik sucked, so just for TSL maps we made the Capital and the Capital name Iqaluit.

I don't think the location has to be exact. Every civ will have a conflict some where. I think what needs to happen is the til mod put the capital somewhere else if a civ is too close.

I don't think the location has to be exact. Every civ will have a conflict some where. I think what needs to happen is the til mod put the capital somewhere else if a civ is too close.

I have to agree...:lol::goodjob:

Btw, rawSasquatch you will call the Kurdish UI tell or citadel?

It's going to be a Building as opposed to an Improvement, but I'd really like a Kurdish word for the name. Tell isn't as telltale as Citadel, but Citadel is of course, already the name of a vanilla Tile Improvement and could cause confusion. I'm thinking Qelay is the best option I have, as it seems to be the proper Kurdish word.. And given that the capital is Hewler as opposed to Erbil, that rounds out to "Erbil Qelay" or just "Qelay".

It's going to be a Building as opposed to an Improvement, but I'd really like a Kurdish word for the name. Tell isn't as telltale as Citadel, but Citadel is of course, already the name of a vanilla Tile Improvement and could cause confusion. I'm thinking Qelay is the best option I have, as it seems to be the proper Kurdish word.. And given that the capital is Hewler as opposed to Erbil, that rounds out to "Erbil Qelay" or just "Qelay".

Sounds cool...
Btw, when yucutan\CSA will be available for download?
Oh, i had problems with downloading Rhodesia... i downloaded the file, but it was incomplete(PART file) from some reason.

In my tradition of shifting the pressure onto others, I'll let you know that Leugi offered to redo some art for Yucatan, and once we get that out of the way, it'll be ready for final playtesting and release. The CSA also lacks civ pedia entries for the civ and leader (SuperWaffle? Viregel? Someone? Help?), as well as the much more vital Antebellum Manor UI model. I asked Leugi if he'd be interested in doing that at some point, given that he's essentially the best/only Improvement modeler in the community, but he hasn't gotten back to me on that yet. As such, I can't blame him for ALL of my procrastination.

And on Rhodesia, are you downloading it directly? It seems to be working fine for me.

In my tradition of shifting the pressure onto others, I'll let you know that Leugi offered to redo some art for Yucatan, and once we get that out of the way, it'll be ready for final playtesting and release. The CSA also lacks civ pedia entries for the civ and leader (SuperWaffle? Viregel? Someone? Help?), as well as the much more vital Antebellum Manor UI model. I asked Leugi if he'd be interested in doing that at some point, given that he's essentially the best/only Improvement modeler in the community, but he hasn't gotten back to me on that yet. As such, I can't blame him for ALL of my procrastination.

And on Rhodesia, are you downloading it directly? It seems to be working fine for me.

Yes, i am.

I got your CSA pedias. Just let me know which ones you need beyond Leader and Civ if you need any :)

I got your CSA pedias. Just let me know which ones you need beyond Leader and Civ if you need any :)

This Confederacy civ gonna be great!!!( thank you :rolleyes:)

Top Bottom