"Aliens are blue" - what?

Iblis

Chieftain
This is a two part question.

First, is there any way to see a proper representation of your relationship with the aliens? The only way I have seen so far is the colour of their icon, which is red, orange or green depending on how pissed they are.

Second, I've seen some references to the aliens turning blue, as in a colour "lower" than green. I have yet to see this happen, and this is including on my first game when I went full harmony. Can someone explain this to me? Is this a thing or am I confused about this reference?

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions

Blue is Friendly : There needs to be a nest within your territory for a few turns for this to occur. In this stage they won't attack you at all.

color is the only way I know of to see how the aliens feel about you...

the colors are blue= friendly
green = passive
yellow = angry
red = attack

To get the aliens blue, you have to leave them alone, while having a nest withing your borders.

green will attack your explorers, settlers, and trade units if the trade units are not protected by the fence quest. Only BLUE will leave you totally alone.

Green are passive, but curious, and will check out units passing by... get within 2 tiles of a nest, and they will swarm attack.

Benefits of blue aliens:
- safe passage for all units, for as long as they're not blocking the way

Drawbacks of blue aliens:
- must be careful not to walk over nests, or you'll clear it out and aliens turn back to green
- xenomass with nests cannot be improved, so they remain at absolute minimum yield and they also don't give xenomass resource
- they block your path, this makes quick expansion almost impossible when you have narrow passages almost fully packed with aliens

http://imgur.com/obNiJ0u

I think this alien mechanic needs a lot more work. I'd at least expect to be able to switch places with them with any of my units so that I now really have safe passage through alien land.

I finally got some blue aliens. They are swarmed all over my territory. Its nice but I am contemplating just attacking them...there are so many and I want the achievement for killing them.

If I attack blue ones will they immediately turn not blue or will they still leave me alone as long as I leave the nest alone?

Well this almost feels overpowered. I can confirm that once you have blue aliens, they will not attach you. I am currently killing them with no worry of them attacking back....this seems wrong.

Edit: Ok nevermind. After a few attacks they are now green again.

What does it take to make the aliens orange or red?

In my 4 games so far, I've killed aliens left and right, took nests as I've pleased, and never saw as much as an orange.

The one time I saw red was because I opened the mind flower. Until then its been all green all the time.

I had to kill around 100 aliens (achievement counter helped me count) to turn them orange. I even went out of my way to kill more and more (free science!) but it never turned them red.

Does this change with higher difficulty levels?

JosEPh

Top Bottom