Pacal the runaway

Walter R

Great Engineer
In current game, Pacal was the runaway until he DOWd me. Don't think I can remember seeing Pacal as top-dog before - is this unusual?

The Maya have mad bonuses. No need for Archery, Science from their version of Shrine, and a ton of Great People before t150. It surprises me when their not the runaway. Bad dirt or aggressive neighbors are the only thing to stop them.

Interesting - so what's probably unusual is that I don't see this more often. I don't think he's been in games too often, and when he has he's been a pain in the neck with religion but otherwise not a contender.

The Maya have mad bonuses. No need for Archery, Science from their version of Shrine, and a ton of Great People before t150. It surprises me when their not the runaway. Bad dirt or aggressive neighbors are the only thing to stop them.

as human player, yeah, they rock, but as AI... Pacal is usually terrible, just drops three cities and focus on his religion, while being harassed\demolished by the angry Huns. :lol:

Pacal does seem to have improved since the last patch. He's usually among the top 5 of science on any map I play (I play huge games, mind), whereas before he was kind of a whipping boy.
He's not as likely to runaway as Korea appears to be, but he definitely uses his bonuses a bit better nowadays. Heck, last game I saw him in, he actually captured 3 of the 5 Aztec cities somewhere in the rennaisance-industrial period.

Funny, I see him come to a bad end in a lot of my games. I think it might be his overriding focus on religion; he likes to piss off neighbors with missionaries.

Last game I saw him in, the Spanish tore him to ribbons. I looked on, approving of historical accuracy.

Funny, I see him come to a bad end in a lot of my games. I think it might be his overriding focus on religion; he likes to piss off neighbors with missionaries.

Last game I saw him in, the Spanish tore him to ribbons. I looked on, approving of historical accuracy.

:lol::lol::lol: In my last Korea game, Pacal was next to me and Spain. They fought. She took Chichen Itza. :lol: :crazyeye:

Top Bottom