Liberated Venice

Adjuvant

Emperor
It's not come up before in a game for me, but just for something to do, I liberated Venice from Indonesia. Now he's a puppet. Venice is a puppet of Venice.

Is this a bug? Is he stuck this way as he can't annex?

??? "_Venice_ liberated Venice." Are you talking "The Venetian civilization" liberated its own occupied Capital? Or that you as Venice liberated an occupied _AI_ Venice? The latter would be a matter of the player choosing Venice as his own civ, and that one of the AI player opponents was another Venice, either by the player selecting it in the setup, or allowing the program to randomly select player positions, one of those just happening to be Venice.

I liberated AI opponent Venice. It was brought back to life. Now, it is a puppet. Nothing and no one else owns it, but it has puppet icon.

Here is a save if anyone is interested. I started random civ, emperor dif, standard size, standard pace, continents and this was my only game save the whole time. I got spain, never really was able to settle near a natural wonder (thought about capping m'baza congo just for the barrier reef but never got around to it), missed a couple wonders I wanted like Notre Dame, but went on to win a pretty easy science victory.

Venice's status at this point, since I liberated him, has grown to size 9 puppet of himself, as he remained the entire game.

edit: I just noticed something. The galleass south of Barcelona has Great Lighthouse bonus, but I don't own Great Lighthouse. Venice has it. Is the promotion supposed to stay on the unit even though I no longer have Great Lighthouse?

Attachments

• Isabella_0252 AD-1710.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
Top Bottom