Religious Pressure Through Trade Routes

Carazycool

Warlord
Does anyone know what factors contribute to a religion exerting pressure through a trade route? It seems kind of random that sometimes it will, and sometimes it won't exert religious pressure.

Trade routes don't exert religious pressure if it's within the range the city exerts pressure normally (including religious beliefs).

^ This. Only exception is Arabia, which provides double pressure through land trade routes, so a trade route inside typical city-to-city pressure range will provide the extra pressure to achieve the doubling.

Holy cities that have built the Grand Temple either double the pressure or add +6 :c5faith: (I can't remember which). Captured holy cities that have built the Grand Temple also exert this extra pressure even if you use an inquisitor.

Holy cities that have built the Grand Temple either double the pressure or add +6 :c5faith: (I can't remember which). Captured holy cities that have built the Grand Temple also exert this extra pressure even if you use an inquisitor.

You're close, it's actually double pressure AND +*8* :c5faith:

I wonder what is the reasoning for this, though? sometimes you'll have a further city/CS adopting the religion faster than your neighboring city because you sent multiple trade routes there.

also, does taking the +range belief also increase the range which trade routes won't give pressure? (haven't took this belief since ever) if so, even more reason NOT to take this belief :/

Yes, if you take Itinerant Preachers, trade routes will have to be more than 13 tiles in length to give trade route pressure.

There were a frequent vigorous debates ion G&K about whether to take IP or Religious Texts as your spread enhancer. Even though RT was nerfed a bit in BNW, trade route pressure provides a significant counter-boost for RT.

Top Bottom