Civilization V multiplayer update in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinkle2K

2K Games Staff
"After the latest balance patch for Civ V, we received a number of reports on instability in multiplayer matches. We have a hotfix in progress that should address recent issues with connectivity. This fix will only affect the multiplayer components of the game, and will not change any gameplay values or single player settings. We hope that this will improve the stability of multiplayer matches."

More information here: http://2kgam.es/1yHi8Ne

This is great news! Now all we have to do is wait.

Hopefully the MP will work better after the hotfix. I have dreams for more ambitious improvements, but baby steps, baby steps.

Thanks!

:b:
Surprised not more people have responded to this.:)

Is this another "stay tuned"?

At least its way too early for me to comment on this with words like "great news". Great news would be a hotfix that is not announced but actually available.

Rolling back the patch seems like the best option atm, and i fail to see anything illegal in it.

Is this another "stay tuned"?

At least its way too early for me to comment on this with words like "great news". Great news would be a hotfix that is not announced but actually available.

Rolling back the patch seems like the best option atm, and i fail to see anything illegal in it.

I see nothing illegal with crossing the street when not at the crosswalk either...doesn't mean it's legal.

I see nothing illegal with crossing the street when not at the crosswalk either...doesn't mean it's legal.

Point is, i want to cross the street, and i am totally capable of looking left and right first. Of course i would prefer a crosswalk, but the guys who got my tax dollars havent built any.

(Btw, where in the world is crossing a street not legal? Not sure if your analogy is consistent)

Well,a multiplayer fix is great.. Most people in multiplayer have found a way to cope with the issues by removing city states or barbarians.

Point is, i want to cross the street, and i am totally capable of looking left and right first. Of course i would prefer a crosswalk, but the guys who got my tax dollars havent built any.

(Btw, where in the world is crossing a street not legal? Not sure if your analogy is consistent)

I was in milwaukee for a gencon convention in the 90's and I managed to get a ticket for jay walking.I got nabbed for crossing in the middle of the block.

Well hey, this gives Firaxis a boost in my opinion - I was afraid that they had just abandoned Civ V with broken multiplayer. Now, any chance of multiplayer mod compatibility? Pretty please?

Seattle, Washington, where even mobs of partying football fans wait to cross at crosswalks for fear of tickets.

It comes a day after the community figured out a way to roll back the patch.

The announcement also came one day after the yogscast made civ v one of the most watched games on twitch for a few hours, watched by many thousands who havent bought it yet. After playing more than 7 hours there was a beautiful rant about how much fun they had playing a broken game. Pretty sure this is what led to this vague announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTthZAM9Uo&feature=youtu.be&t=7h43m43s

While writing this i notice how i get furious again. This more or less empty statement is the first official thing from the company almost two months after they broke their game.

I think the legal issue is only with sharing the game files. That's not a requirement of the workaround, is it?

All you do is replace some of the new files with old ones from pre patch and be able to play again. No legal issues there.

Well,a multiplayer fix is great.. Most people in multiplayer have found a way to cope with the issues by removing city states or barbarians.

Most people i used to play with dont think this is a way to cope with it. Yes, removing city states, barbs, ruins makes it playable. But once you play with this setup you will notice that it is no fun and does not make much sense since many of the civs and a whole tree of social policies plus all the city state related beliefs become obsolete. I prefer no game to a game without cs, barbs, ruins.

-------------------------------------

I was in milwaukee for a gencon convention in the 90's and I managed to get a ticket for jay walking.I got nabbed for crossing in the middle of the block.
Seattle, Washington, where even mobs of partying football fans wait to cross at crosswalks for fear of tickets.

Land of the free, huh? ;)

Totally offtopic, but thanks for the link and the info, very interesting. I wasnt even aware of the term "Jaywalking"

The announcement also came one day after the yogscast made civ v one of the most watched games on twitch for a few hours, watched by many thousands who havent bought it yet. After playing more than 7 hours there was a beautiful rant about how much fun they had playing a broken game. Pretty sure this is what led to this vague announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTthZAM9Uo&feature=youtu.be&t=7h43m43s

While writing this i notice how i get furious again. This more or less empty statement is the first official thing from the company almost two months after they broke their

Most people i used to play with dont think this is a way to cope with it. Yes, removing city states, barbs, ruins makes it playable. But once you play with this setup you will notice that it is no fun and does not make much sense since many of the civs and a whole tree of social policies plus all the city state related beliefs become obsolete. I prefer no game to a game without cs, barbs, ruins.
I agree with you on removing city states barbarians and fun part. Many players usually claim that there will never be a multiplayer fix but I disagree with them particularly now when firaxis is making a fix.

Now, any chance of multiplayer mod compatibility? Pretty please?

While we're fantasising, can we get multiplayer scenarios and active AI diplomacy in multiplayer? The latter's been modded in so it's definitely possible to do.

While we're fantasising, can we get multiplayer scenarios and active AI diplomacy in multiplayer? The latter's been modded in so it's definitely possible to do.

I should think that functional mods in multiplayer would permit functional multiplayer scenarios, and vice-versa...

I could not even begin to exclaim my happiness should scenarios be mp compatible.

It would be the crowning perfection for me.

Though then there'd be debate about some civs being CLEARLY overpowered compared to others.

The faster this hotfix is done the better, I want to play a real game now :(

I'd prefer they take their time so it doesn't become rushed and breaks the game even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom