CivX

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
This would be awesome to have relief in Civ lands, only for the sake of awesome pictures : your general is examining the environment from the top of a hill, with the grass flowing to the wind, and sees the enemy army coming. Below, you can see your capital with its buildings and walls.

Plus this could serve gameplay purposes. For example, attacking from a hill to a grassland could give bonuses. (unless the two meets on the slope, with a bonus to who comes from above) It could also give bonuses to ranged attacks, with possibly a bonus to range also. It may be possible to have different kinds of hills and mountains, and different altitudes.

The scale could at last be respected, for a more realistic and less cartoony experience. Of course there would still be icons, for a better visibility, and because I think icons are cool. Battles and moves may not respect any grid as squares or hexes. Scales in regard of the number of person you move could be respected, and formations appear. (you could have huge armies concentrating in a relatively small place, with 1UP"T" still active)

The battles could be fairly more complex that simply "move this unit into this one", with action points, lines of sight, etc. You could gain experience for your generals or units (individually or within groups) that would rise up their action or mouvement points, their strenght, etc. like in a RPG.

Finally you could have quests like in a RPG, from NPCs or other factions, and choose to be at the head of expeditions that may bring you knowledge or glory.

No, I'm with the OP. Imagine being able to move through the world you're creating more naturally, instead of always interacting through the game's UI.

As a builder, I would love to be able to really SEE the city I've raised out of nothing, to give it some real personality and permanence.

It would add to the aesthetic pleasure of the game and could be fully experiential--i.e. not requiring any additional micromanagement.

Top Bottom