no BNW-civ's ingame?

Totibbs

Warlord
Hi all,

I live in the Netherlands and I was quite surprised I found BNW in my snail-mail postbox.

Now Ive installed the game from disc and I see it in Steam. Only I do not see it in the game. I do see my other two packs. Gods &Kings and Mongolia.

Is it because Im not from North-America?

I started the game in both DirectX9 and 10&11. And Ive rebooted my PC. Both without results... anyone got the same problem or a solution? please!

Attachments

• bnw.png
    bnw.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 215
  • civVingame.jpg
    civVingame.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 183
Yes, it's because you don't live in NA. You have to wait till Friday like the rest of your kind. :p

It hasn't unlocked for me and I live in North America. Once again, everyone forgets about the Landmass.

I guess that depends on whether you got the expansion files already?

For example I'm in europe and I got the files, I cannot play BNW until it gets unlocked but it does appear in my expansion list in game.

I'm surprised you even got the copy so early! Did you order it from an American site?

No, just a typical dutch web-shop (bol.com)

I guess that depends on whether you got the expansion files already?

For example I'm in europe and I got the files, I cannot play BNW until it gets unlocked but it does appear in my expansion list in game.

With expansion list, you mean DLC list? Then why does it not appear in my DLC list ingame?

by the way, VPN did not work. With www.whatismyip.com I saw my IP was in Florida, so I fooled Windows, but still could not play Brave New World.

With expansion list, you mean DLC list? Then why does it not appear in my DLC list ingame?

Yes, that's the "DLC" menu.

Anyway like I said I don't know why you don't see it, I'm just guessing that it might be because I have already downloaded the files of the expansion.

Some of those who pre-ordered the game got the files at the same time of the latest patch, some didn't, for who knows what reason.

You might want to check if you have the directory "Expansion2" in your Civ V installation in the following path:

[Your Steam directory]\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\

If you don't, then that must be why, if you do, then something isn't right.
If the first case is true, then it's probably normal, and you'll get everything once you actually download the expansion.

Ive 1 file in that map:
CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion2

So something is not right?

edit: I did pre-order my DLC, but on disc. Not on steam.

The game is available in stores in The Netherlands. I bought my copy in a store in Groningen (July 9).

I had thought to be able to play the game. There is no information on the box or inside that I have to wait till Friday. Take 2 did a bad job in not being more clear on this. I might have chosen a cheaper download via the internet, instead, if I had known this.

It is not justified that someone sells a game without being clear that is not playable till a certain date.

Ive 1 file in that map:
CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion2

So something is not right?

edit: I did pre-order my DLC, but on disc. Not on steam.

You need a lot more than just this .dll. Just compare it with the files you find for Gods & Kings. Steam seems to hide those files now. You have to wait till Friday (just like me).
It is pretty annoying that the distributors/Firaxis are not clear on this. People like you and me are now putting energy in getting the game running to no avail.

André Alfenaar;12587712 said:
The game is available in stores in The Netherlands. I bought my copy in a store in Groningen (July 9).

I had thought to be able to play the game. There is no information on the box or inside that I have to wait till Friday. Take 2 did a bad job in not being more clear on this. I might have chosen a cheaper download via the internet, instead, if I had known this.

It is not justified that someone sells a game without being clear that is not playable till a certain date.

If they are selling it in stores it's beyond stupid to not let people unlock and play on steam.

Yeah I'm Dutch too and got the copy earlier. It happens to me quite often that if I pre-order a game I get it a few days before the release date. (I even got Skyrim a few days before the iconic 11-11-11 launch)

Top Bottom