Brutal Honesty Needed: Guild Wars 2

Titles! Titles! Especially the Cartographer ones.

Yeah thats the kinda stuff I meant, I'm still working on GWAMM in Guild Wars, I've actually stopped playing GW2 so I can keep playing the first one.

Oh god. That just brings back memories of grinding the Luxon and Kurzick max titles. The Cartographer's can be easily accomplished with the map overlay mods. I got all those done in a matter of days.

You did both why?

Well, they totally ruined Caudecus Manor. I guess I should be happy that I milked 7 levels from it last weekend before the change. On monday of was nerfed big time. Not only does it take 10x long to run, you get 10x less XP and drops.

The Cartographer's can be easily accomplished with the map overlay mods. I got all those done in a matter of days.

Yeah, they were. I usually did them at the same time as Vanquishing. But at least it's getting out and seeing the world and all the little stuff it had jammed into it, rather than grinding those terrible Canthan faction points.

Well, they totally ruined Caudecus Manor. I guess I should be happy that I milked 7 levels from it last weekend before the change. On monday of was nerfed big time. Not only does it take 10x long to run, you get 10x less XP and drops.

Are you grinding dungeons to level!? Leveling is like the easiest thing possible in this game. Just do the dailies, 100% map zones, and craft stuff. You should through levels without even noticing sometimes.

Well I've hit eighty. I'm now aiming to 100% the map while improving my armor. It looks dreadful at the moment.

Yeah, they were. I usually did them at the same time as Vanquishing. But at least it's getting out and seeing the world and all the little stuff it had jammed into it, rather than grinding those terrible Canthan faction points.

Are you grinding dungeons to level!? Leveling is like the easiest thing possible in this game. Just do the dailies, 100% map zones, and craft stuff. You should through levels without even noticing sometimes.

I was, because it was worth it. I was getting 50,000-100,000XP (which meant 3 levels per 4 runs for me, you can't level like that anywhere else on the map doing anything else), would get around 6-10 high level drops and bunch of silver. THis was all for a 15-30 min run.

Now it takes over an hour and the drops don't even come close to paying for the armour repair all for a measley 2k XP. So now its not worth the time no matter how you look at it. So yeah, NOW you're right but you wasn't before monday.

My question is what could you possibly need all the experience for? There's not really any grand reward for reaching level 80. Just play the bloody game, and you'll get there a few days later.

The one reason I could see for doing it would be to grind out your monthly 100k experience achievement, but by the sounds of things you're dying a lot anyway.

Haha man. When I was low level the monthly XP survivor achievement seemed so out of reach. At 80 it takes maybe half an hour tops to get it.

I was more interested in the payoff in silver. I had 1.2 gold when I hit 40 because I spent 1G on gems to get more bag space. Also, the higher level I get, the higher level drops I'll get, so more silver there too. I'm hurting for silver is the bottom line.

I was more interested in the payoff in silver. I had 1.2 gold when I hit 40 because I spent 1G on gems to get more bag space.

Why?! Why would you do this? What could you possibly need the space for?

Why?! Why would you do this? What could you possibly need the space for?

Is this a trick question? Um, because it would fill up faster than I would like, what else?

Yes, even with salvaging items and auto banking materials, I find I would fill by bags too often. I have 6 bag slots uncovered now and all 8 slot bags, and when I'm running events it only takes me about an hour or less to fill up and then I'm interrupting my rhythm and doing a vendor and/or bank run. It only takes me about 15 minutes of "eventing" to fill my bags and force me to break down items and clean out what I can so I can continue.

Not that big of a deal, but there it is.

1) Why not make better bags?

2) There are merchants, like, everywhere. I actually haven't hit my inventory cap since level 30 or so.

There is only so much you can pick up though (pretty much just drops from enemies and harvested mats) and I pick up a lot of them too. All the mats can be dumped straight into your bank (and if that fills up you can sell many of them for a tidy profit on the trade post, which can be done from anywhere). However, there are merchants EVERYWHERE. Every heart quest guy is a karma merchant (once you complete it) and every merchant has the same ability to let you sell them any item that can be sold to a merchant.

I don't even remember the last time I filled up my inventory, it had to be the first week after release. Even if you do manage to do that it isn't hard to spend a couple of minutes walking to the nearest merchant.

There is only so much you can pick up though (pretty much just drops from enemies and harvested mats) and I pick up a lot of them too. All the mats can be dumped straight into your bank (and if that fills up you can sell many of them for a tidy profit on the trade post, which can be done from anywhere). However, there are merchants EVERYWHERE. Every heart quest guy is a karma merchant (once you complete it) and every merchant has the same ability to let you sell them any item that can be sold to a merchant.

I don't even remember the last time I filled up my inventory, it had to be the first week after release. Even if you do manage to do that it isn't hard to spend a couple of minutes walking to the nearest merchant.

:shrug: maybe he's just a mega-hoarder then.

Maybe he's like one of those guys in D2 or TES who literally has to pick up everything.

Yeah, I pick up absolutely every piece of loot that drops. It's just that every other NPC is a merchant you can sell your crap to.

Okay, maybe I'm missing a trick on container making. I play 2 avatars mostly, between them both they have all 4 container making professions. But I can't make anything bigger than an 8 slot container in either of the 4 professions. I'm presuming I have to save up for the rune to make bigger, but never came close to affording it. Nor have I come close to meeting the profession level to even use it if I could afford it.

Crafting seems totally jacked up. Its certainly almost impossible to actually make things that are useful for your skill level.

But yeah, I save everything as I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all this crap. Like "goo" that comes in several types and consistency. Yeah, my first inclination was to sell as junk until I saw people asking for it. So now I save it figuring it'll be useful one day. But this crap is all in the bank.

I have tokens coming out the gazoo and have no idea what to do with them. I'm presuming there is an NPC to turn them into when I find them.

But my bank isn't full, only about .75 or so. I gem bought extra bag slots for my 2 main toons, so they have 5-6 8 slot bags. It just doesn't take me long to fill them, and that's with me totally purging inventory down to just a single stack of food before going out.

I would appreciate tips on making bigger containers. Do you have to buy a rune for each bigger container? If so, they are ridiculously overpriced. It makes more sense to buy the extra slots than to waste time with bigger bags. What am I missing?

Bag making requires runes, but the low level ones are cheap. A 20 slot bag is 10g, but an 18 slot bag is only 2g.

At any rate, the bag sizes are 10,12,15,18,20, according to the 5 rune types.

Different types of bags can be made, which will have different functionality.

10xResource+3xDust+Rune = Safe bag. These are invisible to merchants.
10xResource+3xScales+Rune = Equipment bag. Equip-able stuff you pick up will go here. Armorsmith only.
10xResource+3xBones+Rune (and Tailor) = Craftsmans bag. Ore, Wood, Crafting materials and the like will go here first.
10xResource+3xBones+Rune (and Leatherworker) = oiled bag. Junk trophies go here first.

Regular bags I believe are just Resource + Rune. The others I've listed above have to be discovered in the Discovery panel.

I suspect you're holding onto a lot of stuff you don't need. Pro-tip: take everything out of your bank, and go talk to a merchant. Press the Sell Junk button. If it disappears, you didn't need it. Most armor should be sold, not salvaged, as you'll get more by just buying the material off the TP. Things you need to hold on to are anything that has it's own bank slot, and trophies that are Gold or better. You'll know them when you see them. They'll also sell for a lot on the TP.

Golden Rule: if its not worth anything on the TP, sell it to a merchant. Also, you'll see a lot of people listing items for 1 copper more than its merchant price on the trading post. These people are dumb, never do this: there is a 5% listing fee, and a 10% sale fee, which get deducted from the seller, and that 5% listing fee is non-refundable.

Top Bottom