Nukes and Vassals version 3.25

CivEikka

Warlord
Going straight forward and short:

Nukes: They don't eliminate whole city or drop city defences (even if you blow up ~10 of them). Those are left untouched from vanilla BtS if I'm correct. I've complaint this before, but it has been left to aside. I don't want to sound rude or anything you guys do this for free and this is by far the best mod for civ 4.

Vassals: Where can I find someting about vassal mechanics, there is no manual or anything? What are the pros&cons of having vassals? I've noticed that they cost some gold to maintain and don't offer any happiness, but what are the pros of having vassals?

Oh, and for minor note; despotism is way better than republic, I never have seen a use for republic over despotism.

Anyways, I honor this mod, this is making my everyday life a little bit happier, so cheers.

All right, short answers to short questions.

Going straight forward and short:

Nukes: They don't eliminate whole city or drop city defences (even if you blow up ~10 of them). Those are left untouched from vanilla BtS if I'm correct. I've complaint this before, but it has been left to aside. I don't want to sound rude or anything you guys do this for free and this is by far the best mod for civ 4.

You are right, but this is endgame content, and 99% of the games don't even reach it. So it's not a priority for us.

Vassals: Where can I find someting about vassal mechanics, there is no manual or anything? What are the pros&cons of having vassals? I've noticed that they cost some gold to maintain and don't offer any happiness, but what are the pros of having vassals?

They don't provide anything, but you don't directly pay maintenance for their cities. So they allow expansion without prohibitive upkeep costs.

Oh, and for minor note; despotism is way better than republic, I never have seen a use for republic over despotism.

Republic is better when you've not hit city upkeep cap (for instance, many starts on the World Map don't allow you to have that many cities in the beginning). But yes, Despotism is OP and will be nerfed.

You are right, but this is endgame content, and 99% of the games don't even reach it. So it's not a priority for us.

I understand this, but is there a way to change functions of nukes. I sometimes like to build an isolated island nation which bombs it's neighbours back to stone age, currently I just launch 2-3nukes per enemy city and clean it's land with light infantry/horses and raze everything.

They don't provide anything, but you don't directly pay maintenance for their cities. So they allow expansion without prohibitive upkeep costs.

I think they should provide some bonus, like military unit bonus etc. Currently obtaining vassals are key to an easy victory.

Republic is better when you've not hit city upkeep cap (for instance, many starts on the World Map don't allow you to have that many cities in the beginning). But yes, Despotism is OP and will be nerfed.

Oh thank god, I hate when the AI uses the republic because it gives me too big edge since despotism is just way better. Also monarchy becomes kinda useless when despotism is the way until democracy.

nukes should certainly eliminate city defenses/ cultural defenses ... and I think they already eliminate buildings, with even a chance of national wonders being (temporarily) eliminated. I am not certain if I like the concept of city elimination via nukes ... if so, only once a city is size 1 with zero buildings remaining (which would require either World Wonders giving a city immune status, or allowing World Wonders to be destroyed).

Top Bottom