Era and religion music

Alzara

Emperor
Hi guys

I'm pretty sure that FfH seems to play some era-based music at times though I'm not sure how it determines what era are you in.

Could someone answer some questions, or direct me to a tutorial detailing music in civ?

1) Can you have both religion-based and era-based music, where tracks can be played from whichever apply to you?

2) Can era's be custom defined (i.e. their names and the popup that appears when you hit that era)? If so then I assume you can associate music with these eras?

Thanks guys

Al

1) Can you have both religion-based and era-based music, where tracks can be played from whichever apply to you?

Music is always era based. Kael had to create an era for each religion to play differnt music for them. Afaik he wants to get rid of this workaround, but there seems to be no solution. The workaround screws up almost everything connected to eras and that's quite a lot if you look at ai decison making in the dll. To have music playing from era and religion should be impossible. It's either era or religion based music.

2) Can era's be custom defined (i.e. their names and the popup that appears when you hit that era)? If so then I assume you can associate music with these eras?

Don't know about any popups, but the name of an era is easily modifiable. It's just a text key you have to change, if I remember correctly. An "yes", as told above already, music is era based.

It isn't immpossible I think. In theory an era could be changed to being based on tech level and religion but that would require a lot more eras and may not work.

OK cool... guess I'm gonna do this as an era-based thing...

Thanks guys :)

Al

best solution would be to replace the wilderness sounds that are normally played when you have no religion with a soundtrack, so that agnostic civs don't get stuck with birds singing all the time :D

Top Bottom