Industrial/Modern era shipyard

Just wondering, has anyone done a shipyard improvement that would fit in to the industrial and modern times? Using the search function I found one but this seems to be for only the Age of Sail. Found a drydock but that apparently is for civ4. Any pointers to a thread would be appreciated, or if this does not exist, maybe one of you building Creators could get on it... :D

I would like to have something like this for a small wonder I am contemplating called the Naval Yard, which would increase city production and perhaps generate a destroyer every 10-15 turns. There is a "requires elite naval units" flag in the editor which seems to works correctly (though not used in normal games) which would make one good requirement for being able to build it, sort of a reward for successful seagoing powers.

Somebody made graphics for a modern port, too. Unfortunately in the moment I don´t remember the name of the artist and the thread it was shown. These graphics all come with CCM. In the Industrial techtree of CCM you can see the buildings-small icon in the techbox of WW2-ships. In that techbox you can also see an icon for the carrier-dock in that mod:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7440625&postcount=59

Additionally there are a modern naval base and an ancient naval base in the forums of CFC. CCM will contain them all and I made an additional icon for the Industrial Age, so CCM contains era specific (commercial) ports and (miltary) naval bases.

BadKharma made some industrial naval bases containing different WW 2 battleships for SOE. But at present he didn´t made them public.

Thanks for the replies. Not sure I want to dl a giant mod just to get a tech icon, though - and the one in MEM is not really what I was thinking of. Some very nice stuff there, though, ditto CCM.

I didn't see any Naval bases for dl by using the search function.

Did SOE ever get released? I recall people were working on that years ago, Wyrmshadow was one of the big unit makers for that mod. They had a site at cdgroup.org, that was taken down at one point.

Hmm, that one is a bit closer to what I had in mind, though still basically just a civilian dock.

What I was looking for was something with cranes, drydocks, and military ships under construction.

Maybe I'll have to try whipping up something myself, I need a wonder splash anyway, and I doubt any of these improvements come with one.

Top Bottom