BNW AI in Multiplayer

HunkofSteel

Chieftain
I've played the AI in single player, and its very easy to get AI's to DoF you. However, in multiplayer games, I've never been able to get ANY Declaration of Friendship with AIs. I want to know if it is just impossible to get Declaration of Friendships in multiplayer, or just that its harder because AI's don't approach you.

In MP, you are probably doing alot of warring and not friendships with other human players. The AI look into that.

Yes, but in my multiplayer games, I've not really warred with other players (we're just a bunch of friendly casual players).

Looking into the AI's status (green and red words), I've not really antagonized them, as bright red words are rare to come out. In my SP experience, this is good enough to DoF after embassy + trading.

The AI in MP seems to be partially disabled, do they ever offer you anything, in these days since I don't know when, AI actually offers trades now, do you get any trades from them?

The Civ 5 AI is partially disabled in multiplayer. They will not approach you with deals.

There is a mod to fix this however, you can get it here.

Huh, interesting, though I think dormant AI is better for multiplayer. Multiplayer games already have a tendency to drag and with active AI there would be more artificially prolonged turns.

@topic, I've never even tried to DoF an AI in multiplayer. They are quite easy to be set against other players. As long as you are at least somewhat friendly with them. It seems that declaration of war is seen by them as a standard trade good and therefore is evaluated in consideration of your relations.

Top Bottom