Generating natural wonders

CultureManiac

Prince
Does anyone know if there are averages for which natural wonders are created in a game? There are certainly common ones, like Old Faithful and Beringer, and top tiers like Fountain of Youth and Eldorado. Is there a formula for generating which ones appear more often than others?

Yes, I think in the file defining the natural wonders, each one has an entry which defines their occurence frequency. I think FoY is 1, Eldorado is 2, Petoso is 5 and the rest is 10, or something like that. I don't know if these add up to absolute percentages or if this is just a relative likelyhood, but either way, this should be the parameter that controls it.

Thanks, sounds about right.

Strangely enough, between posting this thread and reading your response, I discovered FoY, for only the third or fourth time ... and of course, as always, it's on the other end of the continent. :mad: Once I get Astonomy, however, I'll just sail across the ocean, capture Genoa and keep it all for myself :D

Luckily, FoY doesn't pop up too often. One of the most recent times I saw it, I played as Mongolia and it was sitting something like 15 tiles from my starting position. There was never any real challenge in that game.

Top Bottom