Wow, look at all the bugs I found in a single team game...

obscurereferenc

Chieftain
A friend and I played our first team game (Xbox 360, against the AI) today, here' what we found:

- We both receive ALL messages from ALL AI civs, even the ones not intended for us (for example, I was playing as greece, but I'd frequently get messages from Germany, addressing me as Cleopatra, threatening me).

- Whenever I discover a technology, it ALWAYS tells me I'm the first to do so, even if I'm not.

- The pathfinding algorithm 'breaks' whenever I'm moving units through my teammates territory. I can only move units to adjacent squares; when attempting to move any further than that, nothing happens.

- My teammate and I were unable to conduct diplomacy throughout the entire game. If either of us attempts to, all we get is an automated message back with no options!

- The fog of war still hangs over my teammates civ, even though I can see units and cities through the fog!

- I'd set the turn timer to 30 seconds, but the turn timer was 60 seconds throughout the game.

- None of the 3 AI players ever settled more than one city throughout the entire game (we played until the 20th century).

(Along with other, expected bugs like the occasional resync and slowdowns that lasted a few turns. And it won't let us save the game, but that, of course, is a 'feature'!)

What's going on?? Did I accidently tick the 'buggy game' option, or was this part of the game just not tested? I've been a huge fan of civ, ever since civ 2, but I'm appalled so many bugs made it through to the final version!

Has anyone else experienced any of these bugs, or is it just me? If it's just me, any what could be causing them all?

I guess I must be lucky, i've done around 10 matches and I haven't had a freeze, let alone any of the above.

In a team game all tech researched is shared by both team members. The tech is actually more expensive. You get the message that you are first to research, but sometimes your teammate is actually the researcher, hence no free unit. But since every tech is a team effort, both players on the team get the pop up.

There is no diplo in team games, as they are head to head contests. No need for diplo, as only one team can win. The single AI thrown in is just for a random factor, another obstacle. You also don't need diplo with your teammate as everything is shared, including victory.

As for the rest, I don't know if they are bugs.

In a team game all tech researched is shared by both team members. The tech is actually more expensive. You get the message that you are first to research, but sometimes your teammate is actually the researcher, hence no free unit. But since every tech is a team effort, both players on the team get the pop up.

In our game the techs didn't get shared between us, so I suppose it's a slightly different bug.

Although maybe we weren't playing as intended. We wanted to have an 'us vs the AI' game, with the AI on a high difficulty, and no other human teams. We don't have much time to play in one uninterrupted session, so we thought this would speed things up. The game still shouldn't break so badly, but that might be why it did.

The bugs you had are like normal in my online games. Have you ever had a great general occupy the square next to the unit he's supposed to be attached to? The best part is that the computer will attack the general, who can't himself be killed, and the game hangs... which kicks ass in like 1850.

Top Bottom