Taking a Holy City and follower beliefs...

Greasy Dave

Prince
Hookay, I noticed something that seemed odd today and I'm wondering where the explanation lies.

I'm busy conquering Attila and I take his capital. Strangely instead of taking a serious hit to my happiness when I puppet it, my happiness stays about the same, about 20 (I didn't save before and after, because I wasn't expecting anything unusual, so I can't remember the exact numbers). I then cream through the rest of his empire and puppet four more cities. It's only when I reach the last one that my happiness has dropped down to about 10 or 12.

So, I'm scratching my head wondering what has caused it. The cities are in revolt, for x turns, so it's not their happiness buildings, nor their science buildings (I've unlocked the rational SP). There's only one new luxury which I don't have. I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I'm fairly certain I didn't suddenly ally with a merchantile CS. The only explanation I can give for it is that Attila has a religion.

Attila's follower belief gives +1 happiness for every city with 3 followers in. Once I took over his holy city, do I get the benefit of his follower belief? I'm fairly confused how the beliefs get spread when a holy city is conquered? Can anyone explain?

Not only that, that particular follower belief has always confused me, I always thought the happiness bonus was localised to the city with the followers in, and not national. Am I wrong? If the benefit is state scale, then the beliefs much better than I realised. Also, it makes conquering a civ with it a pretty awesome experience.

Actually - it's more like my own dopiness. Did I actually think to check what wonders Attilla has in his capital? No, I did not.

He had the Forbidden city.:blush:

This is what comes from playing too many hours.:crazyeye:

Still......while a city is in revolt - it's buildings don't pass on any effects - does that include wonders? Or are they independent - I'm guessing it was the Forbidden city and not a bug, assuming Forbidden City passed on it's benefit the moment I conquered the capitol.

Forbidden City would explain it. You get the empire-wide FC benefits, even in a puppeted city that is in revolt.

Top Bottom