Question on start option

neobugs

Chieftain
Hi, when i start a new game, id like to have the good tile for me, i mean about 3 tile around my city with two dot of food and i dont like too start with too much wood or jungle (i dont like in the start of a game losing time to chop wood or jungle) or to be near water (i don't like to start with costal city)

So some times i have to restart several game(up to 6 or 7 times) to get the good environement for me

Did anyone have a cue to help set that kind of stuff when i start a new game??? i know it can be complicated, but i case of...

I have this question too
In the case i speak above, i like to get default value when i setup my game(to not let me choose the option everytime i restart a game), i have read this thread from SuperHumanist: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=451204

But it doesn't seem to work when i try to change the resource from standard to abundant

any change i made to the file MapGenerator.lua doesn't work,

but any change i made to any file in gameinfo subdirectory works well for check/uncheck option like 'Allow policy saving' or 'Allow promotion saving' and 'LastMapSize' in config.ini

Anyone have an idea???

Sorry for my poor english :)

with the latest patch you dont have to tinker with the files anymore, the game now remembers your last advanced settings. you can also restart the game (generate a new map with the exact same settings) right at turn 0 if you dont like the start you got. also you should try "legendary start" instead of "abundant" at the resource settings to increase the likelihood of getting the start you want.

edit: it also might help to check "disable start bias" in the advanced settings, depending on the civ you choose, because some are usually tied to start conditions you want to avoid (e.g. jungle for aztecs, coast for england and carthage)

Abundant only increases the tile yields of strategic resources by 50% : That 2 Iron becomes 3; that 4 Iron becomes 6, it doesn't increase tiles with resources.

If what your really after is always some Iron and Horses near you, that's "Balanced"; if you want a lot of luxuaries; that's legendary but that is not a guartine you'll get lots of different types.

There are some civs tied to forest or jungle; those are civs that have a unique benefit from them.
And you generally don't want to massively clear cut jungle; those tiles are often best trade posted. (extra food now and when you get universities, extra science)

Abundant only increases the tile yields of strategic resources by 50% : That 2 Iron becomes 3; that 4 Iron becomes 6, it doesn't increase tiles with resources.

Sorry, but that's incorrect. :) I assume with the last mention of "resources" you were referring to bonuses and luxuries.

Just so you guys know what really happens:

The Abundant (as well as Sparse) setting does in fact affect luxuries and bonus resources; not only strategics.

Abundant increases the major and small strategic resource node amounts (not 50% for all types) and also increases the amount of small strategics sprinkled throughout the map by multiplying its "per tile" amount by 2/3.

Abundant also multiplies the "per tile" amount of all bonus resources by 2/3, which increases their presence throughout the map.

Abundant also increases the target number for total luxuries in the world (not counting the one-per-civ "second type" added at start locations) by another 33% of the Standard value.

If what your really after is always some Iron and Horses near you, that's "Balanced"; if you want a lot of luxuaries; that's legendary but that is not a guartine you'll get lots of different types.

Yes, Strategic Balance will add a major node of iron, horses, and oil to your start area.

Legendary Start places an extra luxury near your start area and also increases the determined number of Bonus resources needed for your start area by 2.

I believe that's all of it, but I could be wrong myself.

:goodjob:

Hi guys and tx 4 your answer:
Hyperion: i have downlaoded the last patch from this site, but i cannot seen how i can restart a game :(

i understand the abundant resource, what a better site like here to known every subtility that i cannot pass time to discover

for the jungle, i known, but i prefer do this sicence boost in my second city, instead of chopping (with no trade post that there just available later) in the first city

tx 4 your answer, i will try legendary and that bias ... ;)

Hi guys and tx 4 your answer:
Hyperion: i have downlaoded the last patch from this site, but i cannot seen how i can restart a game :(

i understand the abundant resource, what a better site like here to known every subtility that i cannot pass time to discover

for the jungle, i known, but i prefer do this sicence boost in my second city, instead of chopping (with no trade post that there just available later) in the first city

tx 4 your answer, i will try legendary and that bias ... ;)

Press the ESC key and click on "Restart Game" in the main menu. As mentioned above it only appears on the first turn.

tx jpbar for explanation about abundant

i think my game and patch are simply not install correctly, i dont have the option to restart the game in the menu in my first turn :(

Try firing up Steam, go to your Library, right click on Civ 5, go to Properties, and navigate your way to local content (or local cache -- I forget and don't have access to Steam right now), and ultimately to Verify Cache Files. It should check your installation and download anything missing or corrupted.

Top Bottom