The 5 leaders that appear in all 5 games

DrCron

Prince
Hi everyone,

I made a video about the only 5 historical leaders that appear in all 5 CIV games, and how the series portrayed them. In case anyone's interested:

Link to video.

very nice..thanks

Forgot how bad the art style is in Civ III

Aww, I love the art style in Civ III :crazyeye: Probably just because it reminds me of being a kid, but....

very nice..thanks

Forgot how bad the art style is in Civ III

The leader heads are terrible, but after playing it again for this video I found out that the interface has aged surprisingly well. It's still very much playable today, much more than the previous 2.

I actually really liked how the leaderheads changed with the ages. It added a wonderful bit of flavor to the game to see Shaka and Montezuma in business suits.

Let's see, Shaka, Montezuma, Alexander, Elizabeth, Gandhi and Genghis Khan.
Alexander was the male leader in civ2. Civ2 had a male and a female leader.

I actually really liked how the leaderheads changed with the ages. It added a wonderful bit of flavor to the game to see Shaka and Montezuma in business suits.

Ah, yes, this was also present in the 1st game. It would be nice if they brought it back.

Let's see, Shaka, Montezuma, Alexander, Elizabeth, Gandhi and Genghis Khan.
Alexander was the male leader in civ2. Civ2 had a male and a female leader.

Almost there, but you got one wrong. The Montezuma in Civ V is Montezuma I, and it was Montezuma II in the previous games.

Anyway, the video talks about how they've been portrayed throughout the series, and compares that with their historical legacy.

The Montezuma in Civ V is Montezuma I, and it was Montezuma II in the previous games.
Only in civ1 +2 he was civilized + perfectionist. In civ3, 4 and 5 he was at same level of craziness.

Btw, nice video which brings back old memories to a die hard civ player since the first iteration.

In regards to leader heads what I miss from civ3 was how beat up, bruised and bloody the Ai leaders were when you win a game.

The video made me remember how traumatized I was back in '92 (11ish years old) when I had the most vicious, dirtiest nuclear war ever against a modern democratic Gandhi. He had fricken 80 cities over eurasia and africa, I held north and south america, just couldn't compete with that hatemongering warmachine that was President Gandhi, whose words were not so much backed by nuclear weapons as they were punctuated by the blasts— the %$#@er spat them out between sentence fragments and terraformed the world into his Hindu god of destruction's own living hell... well, great video and thanks for plugging it here. I don't see a therapist, and I've been wanting to get that off my chest for ages.

The video made me remember how traumatized I was back in '92 (11ish years old) when I had the most vicious, dirtiest nuclear war ever against a modern democratic Gandhi. He had fricken 80 cities over eurasia and africa, I held north and south america, just couldn't compete with that hatemongering warmachine that was President Gandhi, whose words were not so much backed by nuclear weapons as they were punctuated by the blasts— the %$#@er spat them out between sentence fragments and terraformed the world into his Hindu god of destruction's own living hell... well, great video and thanks for plugging it here. I don't see a therapist, and I've been wanting to get that off my chest for ages.

Thanks! That's a funny story. I must admit I never had a horrible war against him. But that's because eventually I found out how to win the game almost without wars (REX + Democracy = lots of money, then just buy the cities with diplomats) and I remember that was a huge game breaker.

But yeah, doing this video brought back a lot of good memories. I'm glad you guys liked it :)

Ahh, I think everyone had one of those nuclear wars. Mine was against Hiawatha in, like, 2003. I ended up winning though, and my Modern Armor moving into his devastated lands taught me that Fallout limits your movement :D

Every time I see Civ 2 I get so nostalgic. Nice video, I enjoyed it.

Top Bottom