What is a problem? I don't know.

MMAciek

Chieftain
What is the problem and how to fix it? I do not see any text ...

Spoiler :

If the topic is in the wrong section I apologize. I am a Pole, I do not know English well and therefore do not orientate themselves in the field.

By GoogleTranslator.

Do you play the game through Steam? If so, it could be a problem with that because it has happened to me in the past. Do the following:

- Load Steam.
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
- Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

I had the same problem and I do not play through Steam. I reckon it's a conflict between the language of the operating system (here polish, for me chinese) and the language of the game.

Try to find the options (click on the last link in the blue square as seen in your screenshot, then click on the link in the center of the next blue square), then choose a different language (click randomely in the arrowed box at the bottom left of the options panel. A box will pop up ('very well, carry on then'). Click ok then click on the bottom left to effectively change the language on the screen). You can then change back to any language after that.

Hope you understood the instructions, I can't explain it better.

It solved the problem for me anyway.

You can also set the language in the ini (C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini)
under the
; English(0),French(1),German(2),Italian(3),Spanish(4) - Defaults to user-installed language
Language = 0

donno if that helps...

Top Bottom