LS Civilization Set

National Wonders giving gold? Do you mean when someone else finishes to build a wonder before you you're give gold?

If you were constructing National Wonder in one city and then you complete it in another city you get gold for wasted production. Didn't know that.

And to be honest I excepted to have more graphics related to Holy Roman Emperors, it seems that I greatly overvalued their importance. I made Charles V and Francis II so far, will see about the third one.

And I am gonna rework Sobieski's Poland. Those Hussars are simply too weak to be useful.

And to be honest I excepted to have more graphics related to Holy Roman Emperors, it seems that I greatly overvalued their importance. I made Charles V and Francis II so far, will see about the third one.

I don't know which kind of graphics do you need, so I need them all here:

You can find picture of every emperor here, just download the ZIp file:
http://www.digibib.tu-bs.de/?docid=00000153

As you already got two habsburger and one from Renaissance era one from Englightenment era, I suppose you would like a medieval one:

Sigsmund:

Frederick Barbarossa:

Otto IV:

Maximiliian I

FRIEDRICH II

@LastSword

Could you please include these code into your new update of Set XVII? They're the JFD's mods' mater support file I made for Athens, Holy Roman Empire, Prussia.

Attachments

• MasterSupportFile_Set XVII.rar
    9.3 KB · Views: 189
Hey, LastSword! What you think abous Roman Civilizations Pack? They had many awesome leaders. For example, Marcus Aurelius, Nero, Cesarus, Trajan, Antonius Pius, Hadrian, Caracalla and more. That would be great! Please, make that!

I will check it soon. 10% is simply terribly low chance, and it is not pseudo random, so it can be not triggered for some time.

I made a prototype of Henry Walezy's Poland, not sure if make new mod or add it to Love and Life.
Spoiler :

Choosing new leader after one turn elapsed and then on each new era. UU/UB are gonna be as neutral as possible to not impact on player's decision. Random 10 leaders will be avaiable each election (already used ones are not gonna be available again). If possible, leaders existing in game are not gonna be selected.

Hello LastSword! :hatsoff:
Do you still plan to add this into your "Poland is Love and Life" mod? This is the most impressive leader design I have ever seen before!:thumbsup:

P.S. I just play your "Russian States Of Mind" mod and the only thing I want to say is: :worship::worship::worship:

Uh... I have not use that mod yet. So, the election system is now use for HRE and would not be implement into Polan again?
Correct me if Im wrong, but I think it was never meant to be used at Polands mod, as that image were just LS promoting his new upcoming creation. You probably skim that part of the thread incorrectly

Very nice chosen infantry, I noted to include them in next update. Thanks.
It seems that HRE unit models are made by you as well, thanks again.
Actually, I need huge images of certain quality to make "easy diploscene", otherwise I have to put some additional work.

I finally completed version 4 of set 17.
So, the more I think the less I change.
First of all, I added 4 unique units that can be rolled by Holy Roman Empire.
~Landsknecht (pikeman) can pillage without movement loss and gain gold from attacking cities.
~Reiter (lance) upgrade into cavalry; if attacked, the next turn start will perform an extra ranged attack.
~Doppelsoldner (longswordsman) stronger against wounded units and gain gold from kills.
~Reichsritter (knight) stronger in foreign territory and faster if starts turn in your territory. maintenance free.

I made 3 leaders that can be rolled by Holy Roman Empire; Charles V, Francis II, Frederick I.
Starting in medieval (if at least one of your cities have major religion) leaders are gonna have their own "religion" set, making any city following it to have +1 happiness.
Added some policy-like bonuses and made some of them era dependent.
Added "Anarchy" option that will start anarchy for 1-3 turns and establish new random leader (with traits other than the avaiable; though city-state and religion may overlap due to lack of possibilities).

Note that religion icon is white on quite bright background.

Spoiler :

@von_Wurttemburg
I was initially planning this ability for Poland, but decided otherwise. I do not plan to make this ability into any other civ. :) I don't say there is enough Polands, but I shall let others to make them.

@pravo_slav26
Roman pack? I think there is enough Roman civs on the forum, I have seen Nero not so far ago, anyway right now I am working on Portugals and Eastern Portugals if you haven't noticed; release date is far away.
I am tired anyway, gonna do stuff I have ideas for, right now I am in the mood for exploration stuff.

I have still set XV for update, the last one on my list. Already made some tests, and it seems that I will not make AI works nicely with "cannot settle...". Quite sad, it was one of nice 2015 things. Will try to come up with something new.

Very nice chosen infantry, I noted to include them in next update. Thanks.
It seems that HRE unit models are made by you as well, thanks again.
Actually, I need huge images of certain quality to make "easy diploscene", otherwise I have to put some additional work.

I finally completed version 4 of set 17.
So, the more I think the less I change.
First of all, I added 4 unique units that can be rolled by Holy Roman Empire.
~Landsknecht (pikeman) can pillage without movement loss and gain gold from attacking cities.
~Reiter (lance) upgrade into cavalry; if attacked, the next turn start will perform an extra ranged attack.
~Doppelsoldner (longswordsman) stronger against wounded units and gain gold from kills.
~Reichsritter (knight) stronger in foreign territory and faster if starts turn in your territory. maintenance free.

I made 3 leaders that can be rolled by Holy Roman Empire; Charles V, Francis II, Frederick I.
Starting in medieval (if at least one of your cities have major religion) leaders are gonna have their own "religion" set, making any city following it to have +1 happiness.
Added some policy-like bonuses and made some of them era dependent.
Added "Anarchy" option that will start anarchy for 1-3 turns and establish new random leader (with traits other than the avaiable; though city-state and religion may overlap due to lack of possibilities).

Note that religion icon is white on quite bright background.

Spoiler :

@von_Wurttemburg
I was initially planning this ability for Poland, but decided otherwise. I do not plan to make this ability into any other civ. :) I don't say there is enough Polands, but I shall let others to make them.

@pravo_slav26
Roman pack? I think there is enough Roman civs on the forum, I have seen Nero not so far ago, anyway right now I am working on Portugals and Eastern Portugals if you haven't noticed; release date is far away.
I am tired anyway, gonna do stuff I have ideas for, right now I am in the mood for exploration stuff.

I have still set XV for update, the last one on my list. Already made some tests, and it seems that I will not make AI works nicely with "cannot settle...". Quite sad, it was one of nice 2015 things. Will try to come up with something new.
No. There is only Constantin the Great and Aurelian. Caesar is horrible, Gaius Marius replaces the original, Nero also isn't completed.
Pleeease, I really like Romans, but in mods they were avoided. :sad:

Hey, I like Inca but I'm not complaining about extra Inca civs. I think you've actually had your fair share of civilizations to choose from.

Hi LS!
Nice to see the new update of HRE and its radical changes!

Here are some suggestions:

The doppelsoldner unit model has 2 unit models types just like the landsknecht, but only 1 is showed in the game, is this intended?

Here is a code which will enable the 2 unit models, if you want to use this you could just replace the one in the HREArtDefine.sql :
Spoiler :
Code:
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfos 
			(Type, 									DamageStates,	Formation)
SELECT		('ART_DEF_UNIT_LS_LONGS_HRE'),		DamageStates, 	Formation
FROM ArtDefine_UnitInfos WHERE (Type = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_U_GERMAN_LANDSKNECHT');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos 	
			(UnitInfoType,							UnitMemberInfoType,							NumMembers)
SELECT		('ART_DEF_UNIT_LS_LONGS_HRE'),		('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LS_LONGS_HRE'),	3
FROM ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos WHERE (UnitInfoType = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_U_GERMAN_LANDSKNECHT');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos 	
			(UnitInfoType,							UnitMemberInfoType,								NumMembers)
SELECT		('ART_DEF_UNIT_LS_LONGS_HRE'),		('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LS_LONGS_HRE_F1'),	3
FROM ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos WHERE (UnitInfoType = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_U_GERMAN_LANDSKNECHT');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats 
			(UnitMemberType,							EnableActions, DisableActions, MoveRadius, ShortMoveRadius, ChargeRadius, AttackRadius, RangedAttackRadius, MoveRate, ShortMoveRate, TurnRateMin, TurnRateMax, TurnFacingRateMin, TurnFacingRateMax, RollRateMin, RollRateMax, PitchRateMin, PitchRateMax, LOSRadiusScale, TargetRadius, TargetHeight, HasShortRangedAttack, HasLongRangedAttack, HasLeftRightAttack, HasStationaryMelee, HasStationaryRangedAttack, HasRefaceAfterCombat, ReformBeforeCombat, HasIndependentWeaponFacing, HasOpponentTracking, HasCollisionAttack, AttackAltitude, AltitudeDecelerationDistance, OnlyTurnInMovementActions, RushAttackFormation)
SELECT		('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LS_LONGS_HRE'),	EnableActions, DisableActions, MoveRadius, ShortMoveRadius, ChargeRadius, AttackRadius, RangedAttackRadius, MoveRate, ShortMoveRate, TurnRateMin, TurnRateMax, TurnFacingRateMin, TurnFacingRateMax, RollRateMin, RollRateMax, PitchRateMin, PitchRateMax, LOSRadiusScale, TargetRadius, TargetHeight, HasShortRangedAttack, HasLongRangedAttack, HasLeftRightAttack, HasStationaryMelee, HasStationaryRangedAttack, HasRefaceAfterCombat, ReformBeforeCombat, HasIndependentWeaponFacing, HasOpponentTracking, HasCollisionAttack, AttackAltitude, AltitudeDecelerationDistance, OnlyTurnInMovementActions, RushAttackFormation
FROM ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats WHERE (UnitMemberType = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_U_GERMAN_LANDSKNECHT_A');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats 
			(UnitMemberType,								EnableActions, DisableActions, MoveRadius, ShortMoveRadius, ChargeRadius, AttackRadius, RangedAttackRadius, MoveRate, ShortMoveRate, TurnRateMin, TurnRateMax, TurnFacingRateMin, TurnFacingRateMax, RollRateMin, RollRateMax, PitchRateMin, PitchRateMax, LOSRadiusScale, TargetRadius, TargetHeight, HasShortRangedAttack, HasLongRangedAttack, HasLeftRightAttack, HasStationaryMelee, HasStationaryRangedAttack, HasRefaceAfterCombat, ReformBeforeCombat, HasIndependentWeaponFacing, HasOpponentTracking, HasCollisionAttack, AttackAltitude, AltitudeDecelerationDistance, OnlyTurnInMovementActions, RushAttackFormation)
SELECT		('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LS_LONGS_HRE_F1'),	EnableActions, DisableActions, MoveRadius, ShortMoveRadius, ChargeRadius, AttackRadius, RangedAttackRadius, MoveRate, ShortMoveRate, TurnRateMin, TurnRateMax, TurnFacingRateMin, TurnFacingRateMax, RollRateMin, RollRateMax, PitchRateMin, PitchRateMax, LOSRadiusScale, TargetRadius, TargetHeight, HasShortRangedAttack, HasLongRangedAttack, HasLeftRightAttack, HasStationaryMelee, HasStationaryRangedAttack, HasRefaceAfterCombat, ReformBeforeCombat, HasIndependentWeaponFacing, HasOpponentTracking, HasCollisionAttack, AttackAltitude, AltitudeDecelerationDistance, OnlyTurnInMovementActions, RushAttackFormation
FROM ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats WHERE (UnitMemberType = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_U_GERMAN_LANDSKNECHT_B');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons	
			(UnitMemberType,							"Index", SubIndex, ID, VisKillStrengthMin, VisKillStrengthMax, ProjectileSpeed, ProjectileTurnRateMin, ProjectileTurnRateMax, HitEffect, HitEffectScale, HitRadius, ProjectileChildEffectScale, AreaDamageDelay, ContinuousFire, WaitForEffectCompletion, TargetGround, IsDropped, WeaponTypeTag, WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag)
SELECT		('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LS_LONGS_HRE'),	"Index", SubIndex, ID, VisKillStrengthMin, VisKillStrengthMax, ProjectileSpeed, ProjectileTurnRateMin, ProjectileTurnRateMax, HitEffect, HitEffectScale, HitRadius, ProjectileChildEffectScale, AreaDamageDelay, ContinuousFire, WaitForEffectCompletion, TargetGround, IsDropped, WeaponTypeTag, WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag
FROM ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons WHERE (UnitMemberType = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LONGSWORDSMAN');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons	
			(UnitMemberType,								"Index", SubIndex, ID, VisKillStrengthMin, VisKillStrengthMax, ProjectileSpeed, ProjectileTurnRateMin, ProjectileTurnRateMax, HitEffect, HitEffectScale, HitRadius, ProjectileChildEffectScale, AreaDamageDelay, ContinuousFire, WaitForEffectCompletion, TargetGround, IsDropped, WeaponTypeTag, WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag)
SELECT		('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LS_LONGS_HRE_F1'),	"Index", SubIndex, ID, VisKillStrengthMin, VisKillStrengthMax, ProjectileSpeed, ProjectileTurnRateMin, ProjectileTurnRateMax, HitEffect, HitEffectScale, HitRadius, ProjectileChildEffectScale, AreaDamageDelay, ContinuousFire, WaitForEffectCompletion, TargetGround, IsDropped, WeaponTypeTag, WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag
FROM ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons WHERE (UnitMemberType = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LONGSWORDSMAN');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos 	
			(Type, 										Scale,  ZOffset, Domain, Model, 			MaterialTypeTag, MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag)
SELECT		('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LS_LONGS_HRE'),	Scale,	ZOffset, Domain, ('dopp_a.fxsxml'),	MaterialTypeTag, MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag
FROM ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos WHERE (Type = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_U_GERMAN_LANDSKNECHT_A');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos 	
			(Type, 											Scale,  ZOffset, Domain, Model, 			MaterialTypeTag, MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag)
SELECT		('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LS_LONGS_HRE_F1'),	Scale,	ZOffset, Domain, ('dopp_b.fxsxml'),	MaterialTypeTag, MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag
FROM ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos WHERE (Type = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_U_GERMAN_LANDSKNECHT_B');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset)
  VALUES ('ART_DEF_UNIT_LS_LONGS_HRE', 'Unit', 'SVHreLongS.dds');

The HRE landsknecht seems duplicate the landsknecht which is unlocked by the policy, this also cause problem in the Civilopedia, now right click the button of the HRE landsknecht would lead to the Civilopedia page of the Policy landsknecht, rather than the HRE landsknecht.

What about change its name(maybe Landsknecht Halberdier? Armoured Landsknecht? Heavy Landsknecht?) ?

And here is a unit model(made by me and reskin by Nutty) and a unit icon(both are in the attchment file below) I made last year. They were planed to use in my Maximilian I's HRE mod, however the mod was abandoned later.

The Civilopedia of HRE and its UUs might need some polish, here are the some Civilopedia texts I wrote for them:

Spoiler :
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV5_HRE_LS_HEADING_1">
<Text>History</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV5_HRE_LS_TEXT_1">
<Text>The Holy Roman Empire (Latin: Sacrum Romanum Imperium) was a multi-ethnic complex of territories in central Europe that developed during the Early Middle Ages and continued until its dissolution in 1806. The largest territory of the empire after 962 was Eastern Francia (later also called "Regnum Teutonicum"), though it also came to include the Kingdom of Bohemia, the Kingdom of Burgundy, the Kingdom of Italy, and numerous other territories.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]On 25 December 800, Pope Leo III crowned the Frankish king Charlemagne as Emperor, reviving the title in Western Europe after more than three centuries. The title continued in the Carolingian family until 888 and from 896 to 899, after which it was contested by the rulers of Italy in a series of civil wars until the death of the last Italian claimant, Berengar, in 924. The title was revived in 962 when Otto I was crowned emperor, fashioning himself as the successor of Charlemagne and beginning a continuous existence of the empire for over eight centuries. Some historians refer to the coronation of Charlemagne as the origin of the empire, while others prefer the coronation of Otto I as its beginning. Scholars generally concur, however, in relating an evolution of the institutions and principles constituting the empire, describing a gradual assumption of the imperial title and role.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]The precise term "Holy Roman Empire" was not used until the 13th century, but the concept of translatio imperii was fundamental to the prestige of the emperor, the notion that he held supreme power inherited from the emperors of Rome. The office of Holy Roman Emperor was traditionally elective, although frequently controlled by dynasties. The prince-electors, the highest-ranking noblemen of the empire, usually elected one of their peers as "King of the Romans", and he would later be crowned emperor by the Pope; the tradition of papal coronations was discontinued in the 16th century. The empire never achieved the extent of political unification formed in France, evolving instead into a decentralized, limited elective monarchy composed of hundreds of sub-units, principalities, duchies, counties, Free Imperial Cities, and other domains. The power of the emperor was limited, and while the various princes, lords, bishops and cities of the empire were vassals who owed the emperor their allegiance, they also possessed an extent of privileges that gave them de facto independence within their territories. Emperor Francis II dissolved the empire on 6 August 1806, after the creation of the Confederation of the Rhine by Napoleon.</Text>
</Row>

Spoiler :

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_LS_HRE_KNIGHT_STRATEGY">
<Text>Unique Holy Roman replacement of Knight. Is faster and stronger in foreign territory if starts in your territory. Has no maintenance cost.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIVILOPEDIA_UNITS_LS_HRE_KNIGHT_TEXT">
<Text>The Free Imperial knights or Reichsritter were free nobles of the Holy Roman Empire, whose direct overlord was the Emperor. They were the remnants of the medieval free nobility (edelfrei) and the ministeriales. What distinguished them from other knights, who were vassals of a higher lord, was the fact that they had been granted Imperial immediacy, and as such were the equals in most respects to the other individuals or entities, such as the secular and ecclesiastical territorial rulers of the Empire (margraves, dukes, princes, counts, archbishops, bishops, abbots, etc.) and the Free Imperial cities, that also enjoyed Imperial immediacy. However, unlike all of those, the Imperial knights did not possess the status of Estates (Stände) of the Empire, and therefore were not represented, individually or collectively, in the Imperial Diet</Text>
</Row>

Spoiler :

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_LS_HRE_REITER_STRATEGY">
<Text>Unique Holy Roman replacement of Lancer. Upgrades into Cavalry and if attacked, perform a bonus ranged attack at turn start.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIVILOPEDIA_UNITS_RLS_HRE_REITER_TEXT">
<Text>Reiters (German: Reiter, or horserider, shortened from the original &#8220;Schwarze Reiter&#8221;&#8212;literally, "black riders" for the colour of their armour) were a type of cavalry, which appeared in the armies of Western Europe in the 16th century in place of the outmoded lance-armed knights, at the same time that cuirassiers and dragoons began to attain typological distinction from other kinds of cavalry. The Reiters raised firearms to the status of primary weapons, as opposed to earlier Western European heavy cavalry which primarily relied upon mêlée weapons.</Text>
</Row>

Spoiler :

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_LS_HRE_LONGS_STRATEGY">
<Text>Unique Holy Roman replacement of Longswordsman. More effective against wounded units and gain [ICON_GOLD] Gold upon killing enemies.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CIVILOPEDIA_UNITS_LS_HRE_LONGS_TEXT">
<Text>Doppelsoldner ("double pay-earner", from German "doppel" = double, "sold" = pay) were Landsknechte in 16th-century Germany who volunteered to fight in the front line, taking on extra risk, in exchange for double payment. The stated ratio was that one Landsknecht in four would be a Doppelsoldner. Likewise, Landsknechte schooled in the use of the Zweihander (two-hander), a two-handed sword, were entitled to double pay and thus qualified as Doppelsoldner. The fencing guild of the Brotherhood of St. Mark had the monopoly on the use of the Zweihander after Frederick III, Holy Roman Emperor granted it to them in 1487. The Zweihander was allegedly used by the Doppelsoldner to break through formations of pikemen, especially Swiss pikemen, by either being swung to break the ends of the pikes themselves or to knock them aside and attack the pikemen directly. The veracity of this tradition is disputed, but at least as a legend, it appears to date to at least the 17th century.</Text>
</Row>

Bug report: the size of UnitLS17Atlas80.dds is wrong, I open this DDS file in Photoshop and found it is extremely small, not like a 80 size dds. This cause the unit icons in some interface doesn't show up ingame.

---------
Finally, Who is this emperor? Will I meet him in the game? :lol:
Spoiler :

---

Attachments

• Maxi_landsk.png
    Maxi_landsk.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 717
  • Maxi_landsk_ICON.rar
    388.5 KB · Views: 200
  • DLShdge.jpg
    DLShdge.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 761
  • MAXI_landsk_Model.rar
    88 KB · Views: 219
  • UnitLS17Atlas80.jpg
    UnitLS17Atlas80.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 770

Attachments

• Set17_CBO_support.rar
    1,005 bytes · Views: 219
@zwei
1. Ok, added it. On zoom I even noticed the difference between those two.
In general, such art defining sometimes does not work with Single Unit Graphics that I use, which is why I avoid that.
2. Renamed it to Lanzknecht, according to wiki that was also a valid name around 1500.
3. Added, though remember to use
Code:
 tag, while posting code.
4. Eh, fixed. 80 is probably used only for notifications, quite unlucky I made mistake in this one.
5. The odds of meeting Doge I are very low, only the chosen ones will witness the glory of wow.
Thanks again.

@pravo_slav26
And I would like fresh ideas. Since you insist I will clearly declare that I am not gonna make any Roman civilization. Obviously Holy Roman Empire is not roman at all, it is like the least roman civ that ever existed.
Since it seems you are new on the forum, civ suggesting is rather unwelcome or even sometimes considered rude. I would recommend you to try making your own civilization, the first one might be hard, but after that with proper code/art templates you can make a civ within a hour.

Top Bottom