Normans as a new civ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inhalaattori

Emperor
There is Norman Motte & Bailey improvement in the Brave new world poster. Dennis was also pointing to that improvement as a hint.

Do you think Normans could be one of the new civilization? Would they be a good choice in your opinion? I think their leader would probably be Rollo or William the Conqueror.

Talking about "dark horse".

I think in William the Conqueror's case most people will think of England first and Normandy second. Rollo would be a better choice, but I dont really see it happening. Normandy wasnt ever an indenpendent nation as far as I remember.

There is Norman Motte & Bailey improvement in the Brave new world poster. Dennis was also pointing to that improvement as a hint.

Do you think Normans could be one of the new civilization? Would they be a good choice in your opinion? I think their leader would probably be Rollo or William the Conqueror.

Talking about "dark horse".

There's already a Motte & Bailey improvement in the game, as a Norman version of the citadel in the 1066 scenario. I've said before that I'd love that to make it into the game as a medieval graphic for the Citadel improvement, and I suspect that sort of graphical update is more likely than a Norman civ.

Normans were fascinating, but their status is ambiguous. They never really were independent (their Sicilian version was a little closer to independent). But Medieval concepts of Sovereignty were much more ambiguous. I would argue that they're way too closely associated with both France and England to be likely.

Moderator Action: Please use one of the existing threads to speculate on what civs might be included. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom