New Preview at Game Informer

One thing I did forget to mention is that when you are considering proposals, the WC menu WILL tell you how the other Civs will react to it.

The only problem I have with this new diplomat thing is that it seems similar to how intrigue works now, where the AI can't use it against the human player.

Couple of other clarifications I just received:

Toward the end of the game votes take place every 10 turns (with World Leader elections every other cycle). My confusion was in cycle/turn.

Libraries don't have slots. I changed that to opera houses.

That should be all of 'em!

Aw, I was looking forward to such rapid votes:( but every other turn did seem a little extreme!

Libraries should logically house Literature GWs, strange that they don't.

It's not clear that the "likely to be final" is being attributed to Dennis. The working hard certainly is, but the "likely to be final" could be editorialising.

Look at the very bottom of the interview:

"When asked if this would be the final expansion to Civilization V, Shirk said, "We approached it that way. This is the quintessential Civ V experience.""

Still, that is best UI/UB in the game. Spam Feitora in every CS and sell lux for cash, as you don't need to spend money to feed any CS u will be swimming in it. $$$$$$$$$$

Don't forget you'll need to spam Naus even harder (maybe 2-3 per CS) to make this work because you can only use them once. I don't think it's as powerful as you make it out here.

Look at the very bottom of the interview:

"When asked if this would be the final expansion to Civilization V, Shirk said, "We approached it that way. This is the quintessential Civ V experience.""

Then again, he definitely doesn't rule it out completely. As another said, they approached G&K the same way. He could have just said "Yes," but he seems like he was careful not to rule out another expansion.

The articles says you can trade great works:
"Each building will provide a theme bonus when filled with the appropriate combination of works from different civilizations and eras. Building sets is facilitated by trading on the world market, creating a metagame that feels a bit like gin."

"Each building will provide a theme bonus when filled with the appropriate combination of works from different civilizations and eras. Building sets is facilitated by trading on the world market, creating a metagame that feels a bit like gin."

Oh, that won't be abused. :rolleyes:

Turn 232:
Trade 30 gpt for Mona Lisa

Turn 233:
declare war

Sounds a bit like Pit! to me.

From this article:

Brave New World will include nine new leaders, two of which we saw for the first time this week. Shaka of the Zulu is aggressive and, interestingly, does not take advantage of the new systems when utilized by the AI. He’s an enormous threat in the early game, and continues to be a thorn in the side of other residents throughout play. Maria I of Portugal brings a unique caravel replacement and one of the most interesting trade-based unique buildings. Her Feitoria can be built in any civilization, regardless of relationship. The building’s presence provides a copy of any resource in the opposing empire to Maria. If the target civilization is an ally, she will receive two of each luxury.

That says differently than the Escapist which says that Portugal Feitoria only works with city-states.

So it looks like luxuries you get with the Feitoria are treated like luxuries that are in your own empire and can be traded away, rather than luxuries that are gifted to you by city states, which you can't trade away at the moment. Otherwise receiving two of each wouldn't make any sense. Or of course, maybe everyone can now trade away city state luxuries, which would be a nice buff to the Dutch if they keep their current UA.

From the screen shots it looks like the Portuguese Feitoria is a UI not a UB as the article states.

Top Bottom