I cant raze captured city - not capitol !!

Kokutenko

Chieftain

How is possible I cant raze this captured city ! Another game is trash because I dont want collect tons of cities. This game is broken.
I have game on Steam bought few days ago with all adds brave new world etc so how is possible. Its indian town he create this town by settler just few fields near his capitol so wtf I cant raze !
I know about very annoing game mechanics that is not possible raze civilizations capitols because its for domination wictory. I wanted gaming with dominate victory too so I planned raze all cities not keep them !!

I checked again 3th time and I not have in advanced option checkbox Dont allow raze city. So why I cant raze this horsehockey city ??

EDIT: Nvm I see its religion mark on this city. I thought religions only spawn in capitol so bad luck found it in first captured city omg ;(

So new game so annoing

I load and I saw it. He move unit Great Prophet from his Capitol to other small city and start religion there !! Omg so annoing ! So in my game with 10 civilization exist 9 capitols and 4 cities probably other than capitol which I cant raze and must capture. I think I go delete this game. what a piece of horsehocky

Last edited:
clear game cache.any mods in use?
only unrazable are capitals.religion doesnt matter.click on city,choose raze city.

Nvm I see its religion mark on this city. I thought religions only spawn in capitol so bad luck found it in first captured city omg ;(
I load and I saw it. He move unit Great Prophet from his Capitol to other small city and start religion there !! Omg so annoing !

Isn't it true that you must choose RAZE as the option on the same turn you capture the city?
After that you can STOP a raze, but you can't initiate one.

Have you tried playing the game offline? I haven't logged into Steam for several years. More glitches there and zero customer support.

Isn't it true that you must choose RAZE as the option on the same turn you capture the city?
After that you can STOP a raze, but you can't initiate one.
Not quite true. After that capture-turn you will have to first Annex the city, then you can Raze it.

Note that choosing Raze - even on the capture-turn - effectively Annexes it. For example, if you are building, say, Circus Maximus (which requires a Colosseum in every city) and the city you start Razing doesn't have one, Circus Maximus will disappear from your build queue and will become a grayed-out option. But a soon as the captured city is gone, the option will again be enabled.

On Vanilla, I see Raze as an immediate option. Thanks for pointing out that it is an Annex choice. Now I understand why unhappiness jumps so much if I choose to Raze.

Top Bottom