If spear men can kill a tank.....

Jampine

Warlord
Ok well we all know that, regardless of how stupid it is, spear men can actually kill a tank under the right circumstances.

:spear:
( I mean look, there's one right there!)

So my question here is: Can a swords man kill a GIANT DEATH ROBOT?! :lol:

I recon this can be done if it has good promotions and social policy's, and the GDR is from an unhappy nation, but I have no idea of the stats?

I know that they are guarantied to kill the GDR if its weakened, but can they kill it from full health? I don't care if it isn't in a single attack, so there might be a chance here.

Also, a cookie to the first person who gets what I'm referencing here :lol:

Hmmm. I think the lowest combat modifier is something like -40% from Unhappiness.

So on one side of the equation we have the Giant Death Robot, strength 150. We'll give it no promotions, and it doesn't get defensive terrain bonuses. I think it'll get penalties though, so we'll put it in a swamp to give it -10%, possibly because its feet are sticky.

Final combat strength, 75.

Let's play as China. Make the swordsmen Kris swordsmen from an Allied city-state, just for a little extra luck. Base strength 14. Surround with 6 of them for a +50% strength bonus to every unit. Give them all Shock 3 for +45% while attacking into open terrain. Put a Great General nearby for +30% bonus. Give them the +30% while attacking bonus. Final bonus is +155%, giving them a strength a little above 35. With six of them surrounding, you could probably zerg it down after a round or two.

You are forgetting that the GDR can "lack strategic resources".

Since lacking strategic resources is -50%, does this add to -40 from unhappy and -10 from swamp to make it have 0 combat strength?!?

I've actually had some pretty horrible happiness problems in my last game, but the lowest that the negative modifier went for it was -33%.

Assuming that the GDR has maximum unhappy penalty of 33%, we have a 7% of max strength GDR which would give it a strength of 10.5.

An unpromoted spear can kill this...

If that ever happened I want a secret video to come up of a spearman climbing on the back of a GDR and screaming at the top of it and thrusting his spear into the glass and hijacking the GDR. That'd be boss...

spearman killing a tank is easily imaginable- spearman climbs in through the cupola, stabs the crew, end of story.

Spearman killing, or even doing any measurable damage to, a bomber though.... I'm drawing a blank

spearman killing a tank is easily imaginable- spearman climbs in through the cupola, stabs the crew, end of story.

Spearman killing, or even doing any measurable damage to, a bomber though.... I'm drawing a blank

When the bomber drops it's bombs, the spearman jumps on all the bombs as a staircase to the plane jumps onto the cockpit and stabs his spear threw the glass into the pilot and jumps off just as plane is about to hit the ground. Duh....
But in all seriousness let's think about it. Bomber base strength 65, strategic resource penalty 50% brings it down to 33(rounding up) 33% from unhappiness brings it down to
10, and a spearman has base strength of 11 cover 2 brings that up to about 17, with discipline 19 Himeji Castle, if it's being being bombed in friendly territory that brings it up to 21, Morale + Nationalism to 25, if on a hill that brings it up to a total of:
Bomber: 10 strength
Spearmen: 28 strength
Spear wins.

If that ever happened I want a secret video to come up of a spearman climbing on the back of a GDR and screaming at the top of it and thrusting his spear into the glass and hijacking the GDR. That'd be boss...

It's been done, assuming you switch the spearman for an Ewok...

Assuming that the GDR has maximum unhappy penalty of 33%, we have a 7% of max strength GDR which would give it a strength of 10.5.

An unpromoted spear can kill this...

Hmm, there must be something against this else a moari warrior would turn it negative.

spearman could use his spear as a screwdriver and he could turn the tank to pieces, then stab every tank crew. End of the story. spearman win! Hoorah.

Pacific Rim? I, Robot? Terminator?
Sorry to say, none of these are right. :lol:
here's a hint: I was more talking about a cyborg swordsman, but alas they aren't in civ....yet :groucho:

But anyways, I'm more surprised that a spearman can kill a bomber! That's weird, and kind adds to my hate that all units can return fire on aircraft. I mean REALLY? If I got my self a bomber, why use it when knights have hand held heat seeking missiles in their pockets? Why not use them?

You play as china in team with Polynesia and Indonesia. Polynesia gifts Maori Warrior to Indonesia who promotes it to Kriss swordmen and gifts it to you. Or it can also be Maori warrior upgraded Mohawk warrior which receives 33% combat strength in forest.

You are forgetting that the GDR can "lack strategic resources".

Since lacking strategic resources is -50%, does this add to -40 from unhappy and -10 from swamp to make it have 0 combat strength?!?

I thought they reduced that penalty. Now I only get a -2% to -5% (depending on how far negative I am) for lack of resources for most units (Ironclad, Frigate, Cavalry, etc).

I think only people without access at all to that resource (say a CS with no Iron and you give them a Frigate) get the -50%.

Top Bottom