Pegasus_77

Prince of the Wealth
I have not done much research on them yet .Currently ,i like
Machu Picchu
the Great Wall
Porcelain Tower
I simply think they look really cool;)
How about you guys ?

order that you get them or order of preference?

For my typical strategy I prioritize:

Hanging Gardens
Temple of Artemis
Oracle (only if ahead)
Great Library (only if I get Pottery or Writing as a free tech and have high production)
Chichen Itza
Borobadur
Hagia Sofia (if available)
Porcelain Tower
Sistine Chapel

for more modern times:
Statue of Liberty
Louvre
Eiffel Tower
Sydney Opera House
Cristo Redentor
Great Firewall
Hubble Space Telescope
CN Tower

The last 3 are awesome. :)

For a cultural victory I might trade some of the science or production ones for a few others like Broadway, but I usually go science.
It's nice to get GL, but I typically only try for it in very special circumstances. The Immortal AI starting with pottery and beelining it usually shuts me down. My two favorite religious ones only apply if I got a religion of course. I also typically don't start wonders until the capitol is off the ground (aka +5 food at least, growing fairly quickly, and 20+ production, 6-7 population)

I play on Immortal; so I skip all early world wonders.

With a really good hammer production, I might try to get Leaning Tower of Pisa, which gives a GE, effectively getting 2 Great Wonders for the price of one.

PT is another wonder I like.

When going for cultural victory, there is a host of wonders providing theming bonuses, but special mention to Effiel Tower, Broadway, and Sidney's which as late game wonders are much easier to build.

When going for science victory, Hubble and CN Tower are my favorite end game ones.

Comments on some of the mid game wonders:

Leaning Tower : Useful for all forms of victory as it's effectively 2 world wonders for the price of 1

Globe: Great for Cultural victory with a free Great Writer included; extremely easy to fill theming bonus

Sistine Chapel: This is actually better for those NOT seeking a cultural victory but instead wanting to help ensure their own citizens don't get persuaded by false ideologies later (+25% culture).
(It competes too directly against Globe & Uffizini and in fact the only reason to build it when seeking cultural victory is denying this wonder to the AI [similar to building Great Wall seeking Domination victory simply to deny that from AI])

Uffizini: Great for Cultural victory but only after fill it. It's more difficult to fill this one but the same tree that was required to open this later provides a much needed free Great Artist to help fill it.

PT: Great for Science victory

Louvre: Also great for Cultural victory; and this is often the main reason to open Exploration when you are seeking Cultural victory.

Forbidden Palace. Always. Before anything else. I'll save a GE from finishing the Liberty tree until I get to Banking, just to make sure I get it. Its fantastic, lets you completely dominate the WC

I like many wonders....
Great Libarary
Neuschwestein
Himeji Castle
to name a few..
who doesn't like wonders?
Most people like wonders...

The Brandenburg Gate, Alhambra, barracks, armory, military academy and Heroic Epic is always a goal of mine.

I like many wonders....
Great Libarary
Neuschwestein
Himeji Castle
to name a few..
who doesn't like wonders?
Most people like wonders...
yea ,people like wonders but we need to compete with our opponents,which might be advisable for us to have some preferences in order to increase the chance of complete building them ,rather than mulling over a myriad of choices and wasted time.It would be debilitating if your opponents finish them one or a few steps ahead of you ...:sad:

Petra is my no1 favourite if I have some desert river-hills.

Temple of Artemis, Pyramids and Machu Pichu is also nice.

I like Hanging gardens but i think 6 food is a little lame. On higher difficulties It's not worth gambrling for.

Notre dame and Alhambra always feels nice to snatch before AI but that takes some efforts on immortal.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

Oracle, Sistine, Leaning Tower, grab ToA from whoever builds it

I play on Immortal; so I skip all early world wonders.

With a really good hammer production, I might try to get Leaning Tower of Pisa, which gives a GE, effectively getting 2 Great Wonders for the price of one.

PT is another wonder I like.

When going for cultural victory, there is a host of wonders providing theming bonuses, but special mention to Effiel Tower, Broadway, and Sidney's which as late game wonders are much easier to build.

When going for science victory, Hubble and CN Tower are my favorite end game ones.
Same here. I usually can't build any of the early game wonders. The ones that are unlocked by social policy trees, as well as map-specific wonders (most notably Machu Picchu) are usually available, but risk:reward of HG or 'Mids isn't there on immortal and deity.

Although I have to admit, the crutch that I can't seem to get away from is Sistine for all victory conditions. The CV implications are obvious, but I find that when I miss it in dom/space/diplo games, SP acquisition drags so much. Don't care so much about the slots and I know that you still get the 25% bonus if you acquire it by force, and I'm a strong advocate of using hammers indirectly to get wonders (hammers build Cbows which take wonders.) Still, I needs my social policies!!!

For domination games,, I find that the 3-way combo of:
1.)Big Ben
2.)SP-Mercantilism
3.)Tenet-Mobilization

is ludicrously effective.

The AI tends to build The Pyramids, Porcelain Tower, Hubble Space Telescope late into the game after they researched the requied technology. They are all great wonders. The Pyramids is a bit underrated though, but they give you a nice boost when it comes to improving tiles.

The AI doesn't always beeline straight to the hubble space telescope but if you beeline to satellites, you can end up building it first and you also get to the information era sooner than the AI.

I am a sucker for the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus. The AI don't seem to rush it, and grabbing a 100 gold everytime you burn a GP makes me smile. It can also buy time when your cashflow gets wonky early on.

Since you like barracks stuff why not like the statue of zeus?

Because its effect is almost negligible. Increasing combat strength by 15% against cities doesn't really change the number of units you need to bring, or the outcome of a battle. Every once in a while it might provide the extra strength between a unit surviving or not, but frankly that's more dice-roll than anything.

If you actually want to go do some warmongering, just build an extra unit or two. I don't mind getting the Statue for free if I steal it off someone, but frankly it's just not worth the effort to build.

My top five picks for any victory would be (in no order):
Great Library
Hanging Gardens
Leaning Tower of Pisa
Petra (if desert start)
Statue of Liberty (if freedom)

If going culture:
Sistine Chapel
Uffizi
Louvre
Broadway
Eiffel Tower

The religious wonders can be good too if you're having one of those sort of games.

Great Wall: Extremely OP
Pyramids
Machu Pichu
Petra(Worth it just to get an extra trade route, OP with desert)
Collosus(Gold + Extra trade route, AMAZING!)
Hanging Gardens
Notre Dame
The Oracle
Chichen Itza
Leaning Tower of Pisa
Hubble Telescope

Design-wise, my favorite wonder is The Great Wall. The graphics look really cool (even though it does weird things sometimes), and it is great at accomplishing its goal : making invasion of that country very unappealing.

Other than that, I really like Neuschwanstein. Very useful in domination games, especially since the AI neglects it a lot, and it gives you a reason to build Castles, which I never do otherwise.

Top Bottom