Multiplayer - Hotseat Problem.

Fhadhq

Chieftain
Hi all.

Played CiV III usually in single Player mode but sometimes had a 2nd Player co-op game going and given the Type of game we played it took a while to get to its end.

So I was happy CiV had a hot-seat option and we could play with 1 PC / 1 Copy of the game. Normally I should have written "has" ... but sadly this Option ceased to work.

The game is a CiV III plus the Conquest "expansion" ( 1.29f / 1.22 ).

It was used for years and I even managed to keep it running when I had to move to a win 7 machine. What I don't know is when multiplayer stopped working.... because the only multiplayer game I had going on was a few turns each 1-2 months and we played it until the middle 1800 ( about 2-3 hours of play per meeting ).

Actually I can load a saved game of a multiplayer sesssion and play it. No Problem.
But I can't start a new one. Whenever I try I get to the screen to select the options and players: Can't pick any Option there ( buttons don't react ) even "exit" doesn't work. ??? I may rename a player and the game inserts the name , but I can't pick a civ for this player.

Can't change anything and cannot leave.... ( except shooting the game down ).

:confused:Maybe anyone knows what "disables" the multiplayer mode ? :confused:

Let me add there is not much difference if I choose I-net , E-mail, instead of hotseat.

Please, I want my "play at 1 PC" option back. :cry:

Top Bottom