Suggestion for Natural Wonders to scale with era.

Galgus

Emperor
I propose that Natural Wonders be changed to increase in their yields as a Civilization progresses in eras.

I have three main reasons for suggesting this:

1. Natural Wonder yields, especially powerful ones, could be weakened in the early game when utilizing them is more exploration luck based.

2. Natural Wonders would no longer be in danger of being out-classed by Great Person tiles.

3. If Natural Wonders are more important in the late game, wars could be fought over them for their advantages- creating a theme of fighting over valuable territory which involves planning rather than luck.

As an example, a wonder that produces a base of, say, 3 Science per turn if worked could gain an additional three Science yield in every era- 3 for Ancient, 6 for Classical, 9 for Medieval, 12 for Renaissance, 15 for Industrial, and 18 for Modern era.

Obviously, the base yields of Natural Wonders would have to be toned down for this to work- NWs on the tier of the Cero de Potosi would become outright ridiculous at their current value.

Other, more irregular methods of scaling could also work, but I would like to see Wonders scale better into the late game at the lost of a less dynamic impact on the start of the game.

(Yes, I like Spain.)

Top Bottom