BNW biggest change for me

camfrlas

Chieftain
as i think about all the changes presented for BNW so far, the biggest change that i see will be the lack of gold from coastal/river tiles. (of course, new civs. but you know what i mean. go assyria though.)

i am kind of sceptical of the world congress. it may be because there are not that much of details out yet, but i feel like banning one (or more) luxury resources is not as bad as it sounds (other world civilizations ban trade of silver with you), while before majority have to agree that this is in all of their interest. i understand it may help against runaway civs, but still, it is too much effort for not that big output. but i may be wrong.

all the buzz about XCOM unit i don't quite get, since i can't honestly remember last time i seriously used Death Giant Robot, so XCOM will be quite the same for me i guess.

i'm quite thrilled about new culture mechanics, tourism and archeology, but i'm trying to be realistic. it can't be THAT huge, more like new subroutine to the whole game. but of course, i'll be a big fanboy over all those different great works (gotta find them all!), balancing museum sets and so on.

but the lack of gold (and new trade mechanics coming with it) will change the most, in my oppinion. while now it was quite a bonus to settle city on a river, now it won't matter THAT much. also now you get gold from ocean tiles for free, and they are not so useful after all. now you'll have to think about not just who to trade with, but also how to protect the new route. (also this new trading between your own cities is so cool, i always wanted something like this, the whole empire will be able to cooperate much more.)

july 12, here i come.

Top Bottom