Bigger Monitor Now Civ5 No Worky

Blaz3

Chieftain
Been playing Beyond Earth, but I wanted to go back and play Civ V.

I went from a 19 inch dell monitor with 1280x1024 resolution.

now have a 27 inch, AOC monitor using hdmi cable, and running 1920x1080

firaxis n credits run no problem, then once it gets to the loading screen, my monitor says "input not support" and majority of the time I have to restart my whole computer because trying to dashboard or ctrl/alt/dlt does nothing.

even tried going into the settings configuration in the folders to have it start in the 1920x1080 resolution, but to no success.

Googled it and have yet to find any answers that fix the problem. Apparently my monitor is too big for the game or what??????

My only answer to this is to play in windowed mode, I have the same problem as well. :/

Yeah, same here as well. It has something to do with the refresh rates allowed by the game not being compatible with the refresh rates for the monitor. Beyond Earth has the exact same issue as well.

Really? I thought I was the only one that this happened to. The graphics card fails in full window mode and alt tabbing out causes civilization v to fail even more.

I just bought a 27 inch monitor last week. It works ok. I usually play Civ5 and CivBE in windowed mode. Full screen mode has a slight refresh problem. I can see the screen flicker a little and it is annoying. Windowed mode works great.

I have a Viewsonic TD2740 touchscreen monitor running at 1920x1080 resolution.

Moderator Action: Moved to Technical Support

see that's what is weird, Beyond Earth works perfectly with this monitor, I actually bought it a few days after I bought the game......but I'll try window mode on Civ V and see what happens. Most games I don't even go back to older versions, but Civilization is fun no matter which one you are playing lol. Still want access to IV and V when I'm burnt out from exploring alien worlds :p

My only answer to this is to play in windowed mode, I have the same problem as well. :/

Yea apparently that was the only problem, had to go into the settings folder of DirectX to change how Civ V loaded up so it'd be in window lol. But it's running great now. Thought window would suck too, but it's barely noticeable, so that's great :)

Thanks everyone :goodjob:

Top Bottom