[NFP] External monitor problems - MBP 16" MacOS Big Sur 11.4

Feanor_

Chieftain
I realise there have been external monitor problems going back years, but reading over historical posts in various forums they seem to have been fixed at times only to recur. No-one seems to have complained since last year though, so I'm not sure if it's an issue for others too or if there's a workaround that I've not found.

I'm having the old resolution problem - basically, the game seems to be stuck in the resolution of my Retina monitor when it starts up even if the external screen is already connected, but when I try to choose a different resolution suitable for my external display it won't let me select "Confirm" possibly because the cursor alignment is off. I think I just can't reach the button with the true cursor that's separate from the visual one because it's at the edge of the screen.

Is anyone else having the same problems or has everyone given up using external screens with Macbooks for Civ? I rarely get the opportunity to try my external screen as I usually only have time to play when I'm not at my desk, but any help would be much appreciated!

This problem has been around for a while…. If the screen size is smaller than actual you can eventually find the spot to hit the confirm or cancel buttons. If it is larger, however, you’re out of luck.

Top Bottom