Ive still never played a game as Hatty

Actually Id like higher levels with AI bonuses, but minus the human player handicaps on top that Civ IV has. Why do I also have to pay so much more maintenance and have a useless economy while the AI is getting a 80-90% bonus?

If the human player didn't have to pay more in maintenance, higher research cost and so on the game would be way too short. Also, to keep the AI relevant they would need even higher bonuses. That would lead to an absurd tech-pace.

Out-teching deity-AI with no tech trading is certainly possible, but its not always what you want. No tech trading slows down the AI too.

'game would be way too short' ...

Do you even play on marathon?

'game would be way too short' ...

Do you even play on marathon?

Many Marathon games are won in the BCs. That is "too short" already for my taste. We've even seen Marathon Spaceraces won before 1000 AD, how much is that, 500 of 1500 turns, so 1/3 of the maximum time needed?

Only bonus I find a little unfair, is the bonus AI get's when it advances by 1 era, so when AI i.e. reaches the Industrial era. Then AI get's something like x/5 for all costs, enabling AI to 1T-build even modern units easily, something a human usually can't, even with Forges, Factories and cities specialized on :hammers: .

But it's ok, human will still have the advantage, because he can keep his cities smaller -> more units, and because humans don't get distracted by all the unnecessary stuff that can be built. It's somehow really sad, that the CIV-Devs didn't program routes for AI-Space-victory or AI Conquest / Domination victory, but only for AI cultural victory, and even the last, AI cannot win, because humans can simply raze the legendary cities.

As Tachy once said, the only way that AI can sneak in a win is via AP-madness.

1000 AD Marathon space win on Deity? Where?

Actually Id like higher levels with AI bonuses, but minus the human player handicaps on top that Civ IV has. Why do I also have to pay so much more maintenance and have a useless economy while the AI is getting a 80-90% bonus?

You can mod your own difficulty level via CIV4HandicapInfo.xml. Modding Settler difficulty to a custom one shouldn't affect any of your games. There are spreadsheets of difficulty levels at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=158130 and a few posts lower for BtS.

Just because it happens in HoF games with triple gold floodplain starts, doesn't make this a normal occurrence in most games.
Umm... which part of "We've even seen Marathon Spaceraces won before 1000 AD" suggests it's a normal occurence in most games???

Just because it happens in HoF games with triple gold floodplain starts, doesn't make this a normal occurrence in most games.

Umm... which part of "We've even seen Marathon Spaceraces won before 1000 AD" suggests it's a normal occurence in most games???

Thx elite .

Also, from what I remember, none of those games had a tripple Gold start. I think WastinTime even only started with 1 Gold and a Cow.

I also counted all the nearby golds that also help, you aren't doing a space rush with only one city.

That is very far from a normal start.

And actually there were 6 nearby easily obtainable golds not just 5, don't you find it hypocritical to be fine with justifying such starts, but having to complain about someone adding plains hills into a start with zero early commerce tiles?

Top Bottom