Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

for me the mod doesn'T work at all. Neither the mod version nor the mp version. Both lead to a freezed loading screen. I tried the newest version and even an older version (the self installer).

I have faced the same problem. When starting, just freeze in the loading screen.

Hi fwka92 and myclan,

which version of Civ 5 do you have?
which version of the mod are you trying to play?
can you send me the log files (lua, xml and database.log)?

Hi fwka92 and myclan,

which version of Civ 5 do you have?
which version of the mod are you trying to play?
can you send me the log files (lua, xml and database.log)?

The Latest Version of BNW
The Latest Version of Hulfgar's Modpack Complete Edition (From the Stone to the Stars) :
Thank you for replying!

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    1.1 KB · Views: 109
Hello Myclan,

you need to enable the logging system :

go in : Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ and open config.ini

- Inside this file,
- at the start of the file enable the fire tuner to connect to the game.
Change EnableTuner = 0 in EnableTuner = 1

- search for "LoggingEnabled = 0" and set that to 1

- Enable the Game Database Validation by setting 'ValidateGameDatabase = 1' in config.ini

- Save the file and close it.

When that's done start a new game to generate the log file.

Do you load other mods with mine and do you have all the following DLCs :

- Gods and Kings
- Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario
- Cradle of Civilizations : Mediterranean
- Cradle of Civilizations : Mesopotamia
- Cradle of Civilizations : Asia
- Cradle of Civilizations : America
- Scenario pack : Ancient Wonders
- Explorer's map Pack
- Civ Pack - Babylon
- Civ Pack - Mongols
- Civ Pack - Spain / Inca

Hello Myclan,

you need to enable the logging system :

go in : Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ and open config.ini

- Inside this file,
- at the start of the file enable the fire tuner to connect to the game.
Change EnableTuner = 0 in EnableTuner = 1

- search for "LoggingEnabled = 0" and set that to 1

- Enable the Game Database Validation by setting 'ValidateGameDatabase = 1' in config.ini

- Save the file and close it.

When that's done start a new game to generate the log file.

Do you load other mods with mine and do you have all the following DLCs :

- Gods and Kings
- Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario
- Cradle of Civilizations : Mediterranean
- Cradle of Civilizations : Mesopotamia
- Cradle of Civilizations : Asia
- Cradle of Civilizations : America
- Scenario pack : Ancient Wonders
- Explorer's map Pack
- Civ Pack - Babylon
- Civ Pack - Mongols
- Civ Pack - Spain / Inca
No other mods and have all of the DLC

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    5.4 KB · Views: 93
I was curious so I downloaded complete edition installer v10b2 to see if the problem was universal but everything worked fine on my end so I had a look at your log files and there seems to be alot of files missing which would suggest that perhaps you haven't activated all 3 required mods/sub mods that accompany this particular mod

For "Complete Edition" you need to activate:

Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles
Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles Modern
Hulfgars Modpack Complete Edition

clear out your cache files and as it's anew game it wouldn't hurt to clear out the "ModUserData" folder also

fwka92 and myclan, when you say a freezing loading screen did the game crash or did you kill the process.
if you stopped Civ5 how long did you wait.
The mod takes a long time to load, between 8 and 10 minutes for me.
That's partly because of the tech tree so I can't change this.

fwka92 and myclan, when you say a freezing loading screen did the game crash or did you kill the process.
if you stopped Civ5 how long did you wait.
The mod takes a long time to load, between 8 and 10 minutes for me.
That's partly because of the tech tree so I can't change this.

I kill the process for having waiting for a long tie.
If 8~10 minutes are normal, that's ok, I will wait for it. So it means I need to wait for a long time every time I try to load my save? Or just starting the game?

You need to wait every time you start the mod.
I don't know if it's shorter if you load a savegame while the mod is already running. If the mod doesn't need to rebuild the tech tree then it's probably shorter.

having a general graphic troubleshooting problem,
I don't know if from this modpack or is a conflict with other mods I am using.

Some icons are not displayed correctly and from there all is downhill... more graphics go awry... please see attached pictures.

Now, the very strange thing is this:
If I start a new game, everything goes fine until I exit the game and reload a save.

If I restart the game about 10 times, 1 in 10 I get no error for hours, until something goes bad and graphics are scrambled again.

I don't know if this is the right forum to post, but since this is the main modpack I am using and I am not willing to give up easily on it, I guess any help comes handy.

Thanks, folks.

Attachments

• mods_used.jpg
    mods_used.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 84
  • error#1.jpg
    error#1.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 143
  • error#2.jpg
    error#2.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 173
  • error#3.jpg
    error#3.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 136
Hulfgar,

not only you provided the best mod pack available, but you are also a real treasure!

Yes, that was the problem, disabling "GPU texture decode" solved the texture problem. About 100 turns now and no symptom.

Kind regards.

I just finished a game with version 13beta of your Industrial and Complete version of the game. One issue I found was I had an error when trying to choose promotions for submarines. I got a weird error when selecting the wolfpack promotion. I would get a pop screen saying "texture load error: unable to load texture [expansion2-45.dds]" that would not allow me to select it. Only when I deleted the submarine would the problem go away.

I had the GPU texture decode disabled.

Found a bug, pretty game breaking too during the interwar period (Mass Production era specifically). Not sure when, but at some point I noticed that I had gone from having an absolutely vast reserve of Kerosene and Oil resources to suddenly having over -100 of each.

When I look at the production stats for resources, in green it says for Kerosene -84 total, 25 used. Oil is at -3 total, 41 used. I noticed that every turn I was getting messages about city states losing access to oil and kerosene, and this was causing the amount to increase by -6 per turn, per city state and that the game was not counting any of my own production either.

Haven't reached an upgrade tech for Oil or Kerosene units since spotting this, so I'll have to let you know if it's actually a real bug or just the game incorrectly displaying an amount while still reading the actual count based on whether or not I can upgrade my units, but as it stands this is almost game-halting as every turn the game is digging the player into a deeper and deeper hole. Deleting consuming units doesn't seem to fix it either.

Also getting the same UI graphic bugs as above despite having GPU decode turned off.

Edit: Just tried upgrading a Great War Bomber to a B-17, confirmed no dice. Game does indeed believe that I somehow am producing a negative quantity of resources and is further compounding it via city states.

Edit 2: Deleted -all- Kerosene and Oil consuming units. Brought me down to -10 Oil and -97 Kerosene. Within 3 turns I was back up to -23 Oil and -120 Kerosene.

Oh yea something else I forgot to mention, whenever you discover a luxury resource when you are mining a barren hill your citizens nor city states recognize it. In my last game I had multiple silver deposits but it didn't add towards my happiness nor complete any city state requests when they demanded it even though I had it.

I just finished a game with version 13beta of your Industrial and Complete version of the game. One issue I found was I had an error when trying to choose promotions for submarines. I got a weird error when selecting the wolfpack promotion. I would get a pop screen saying "texture load error: unable to load texture [expansion2-45.dds]" that would not allow me to select it. Only when I deleted the submarine would the problem go away.

I had the GPU texture decode disabled.

Nevermind I think I found the issue. I traced it to Thal's mod that caused the problem so I will see if that is the reason.

Hello Mettalifan,

which version of the mod are you playing? can you post me the Lua.log file ?

Nevermind I think I found the issue. I traced it to Thal's mod that caused the problem so I will see if that is the reason.
I will check my icon files on my side, just to be sure :)

Hello Mettalifan,

which version of the mod are you playing?

I'm new to this, but a lot of mods say they support BNW or G&K, but why not both?

Yours for example says it's not compatible with G&K which implies you have to disable it. But above here you say GK must be enabled, and ahave a seperate version for G&K.

Other mods do this... what does BNW in a mod mean? (shouldn't they say BNW&GK.....?)

Top Bottom