Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Are there any maps with TSL that work with this mod? I'm especially interested in big global maps but any info would be appreciated.
Sorry, there aren't any. There were some done by FramedArchitect a few versions back, but as the mod evolved, they didn't work (due to my changes).

Excited to hear about the coming additions to Anno Domini; the slavery component in particular.
Thanks! The slavery component is now in and seems to be working. I've also put in a version of the happiness, colonies, crimes, investments, health and loyalty mechanics.

Whoa! That's really fast :D Anyway, I'll be excited for the update, sounds wonderful.

My signature about Teuta is a wish for Firaxis not a mod I'm doing!! Civ VI isn't out until October so I won't be able to do anything until then anyway.

If you want to try out the Cities in Development version, then go here.

The game always crashes for me when starting a new game and the patch doesn't help. Can anyone confirm it's actually working in it's current state?

edit: Works now

Hello !

I'm happy to hear that this mod keep going. I have quite some fun with it.

However meanwhile, I post here (yep again) because of a "small" problem I have.

It's a bit long, I'll try to make it simple and short (mind you, I don't speak english beside chat/forum so it will sound weird). I know you are busy, rob, so unless someone know what's up with this, I can just remake another map (no big deal).

There is some number in case someone have a similar experience and want to compare.

@mylife story :

I got the game re installed completely through steam, with everything erased before (for some reason not related to civ V). After installing it, I subbed to this mod with the workshop, along all the civ pack.

So far so good, my first game with this setting was ok until the industrial era (the 5th out of the 7 possible when looking at the tech tree; shouldn't it show "anno domini era" instead ? It didn't. Maybe because it's installed in french and use translation instead of mod name).

I play as the roman (scipio, proconsul), aim for a warmonger win, and balance my building so I get as much output as I can. I didn't had any problem until this point.

I barely have any unit (one ranged unit and one worker per city, 4 unit as "army" and two scout) and a total of 25 city.

One turn I have (463 Gold) and get (+1667GoldPerTurn) while I end with (1063G), thus earn (600G) only ("losing" 1067 GPT)
Next turn I have (1063G) and get (+1677GPT), while I end with (1384G, thus earn (321G) only ("losing" 1356GPT)
Then (1384G) and get (+1686GPT), while I end with (1546G, thus earn (162G) only ("losing" 1524GPT)

Each turn (over 50 turns !) I check and I notice that I ALWAYS get this income:
(GPT show by the UI - Gold in stock)/2 = real gold income (with some slight variation of a few gold)
Looking at three turn I used as example :
(1667-463)/2=604 (I got 602)
(1677-1063)/2=307 (I got 321)
(1686-1384)/2=151 (I got 162)

I looked at each turn for quite a while now and it's always like this.
If I reach the point were I have as much gold as I have GPT, nothing change.
If I have more gold than my GPT, I start losing some gold each turn (in the same fashion).

Tech, faith, culture, science value don't seems off and match what the UI show.

I am SURE that it was working properly before (as I check often my gold income, and used to buy crap tons of building with my gold income, and got over 25 000 gold waiting to be used sometime). It started to happen when I changed my era, but might not be the culprit.

Anyhow, if someone have some idea -not about what is wrong but more about how to solve this, I'm open.
What I did (but was useless) :
Golden age or not
Remove all military unit and/or worker
Remove recent building, erase (IGE) wonder

-------
Beside this, I crash extremely often when, at a start of a turn, I get an event. However, when I load my save, I get another event and it works fine. Note : the crash isn't related to the event itself, as I'm 100% sure that some event did crash AND I was able to get it another time, like the insane free gold bonus (was over 20k for me, I guess it depend of my income)
-------
Anyhow, thx for reading, and have a good day.

@Oragepoilu - sorry to hear of the crashes. Have you got anything else at all activated as well as Anno Domini?

@DeepSoul - further back in the thread, all of the civs had to be removed due to upload limits imposed by Steam. I have been re-adding them in slowly but surely.

@rob
I don't have anything else beside IGE (even so, I activated it only after problem started to see if I could solve it).
-----
I'v made another map (couldn't finish the other because of the economy), and I will be soon hitting the same tech. I'v done roughly the same, so I hope I won't have the same problem.
However, this time, I didn't had any CTD related to the small events.

Two things then: first, could you post your logs if you have an issue and one of us might be able to work out what's happening!

Two: there is an update being worked on and I'm trying my utmost to clear any issues, so it might have been resolved by this.

Manual upload

Version 23 (UPDATED January 17th 2016)

Instructions on how to add Anno Domini to your Mods folder and what to select on the main menu when playing.
1. Download and extract the folder to anywhere on your hard drive.
2. The main Anno Domini Version 23 folder is NOT to be transferred across anywhere; it's the contents you need to transfer.
3. Transfer the folders inside the main download folder into your Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Mods/ folder.
4. Load up Civilization V and click on Mods. You'll see a number of options available now. The ones you HAVE to select are the main Anno Domini (v1) and Anno Domini art files. These contain the base game and the required art. You must also select at least one civilization pack.
5. Select as many of the other folders as you like. Each has a number of civilizations in it grouped by type, e.g. Greek civilizations.

v23 patch

Patch (UPLOADED January 29th 2016)

Steam upload

Anno Domini collection

Hey Rob,

I've been listening to modcast and decided to download Anno Domini with all your civs.
Wow, it is truly incredible, I love the early age focus, and the mind blowing amount of civs you have brought forward. The addition of slingers is also fantastic. I am currently
playing the goths, and looking forward to taking my first capital.

Thanks for breathing life into Civ V. I'll come back with some suggestions once I get more experience with it.

-ZT

Thanks ZT for the kind words!

The latest version is coming extremely soon. It's currently being uploaded to Steam; the dropbox version that will be available in a link in the first page should be up by tomorrow morning - sorry with the delay with that but it is due to RL issues ;). All the new features are detailed on the first page.

EDIT: Download is now available in the first post.

Thanks for all your work in making it! I was kinda sad when I saw that Scipio's Rome was temporarily removed some I just played my first game in it yesterday XD

Any idea when it will be back/what is being changed in it?

Thanks for all your work in making it! I was kinda sad when I saw that Scipio's Rome was temporarily removed some I just played my first game in it yesterday XD

Any idea when it will be back/what is being changed in it?

Thanks! It is only removed temporarily as I needed to redo that pack completely. I thought that LeeS had done a new version, but I think I had the most up-to-date one. I'm certain it will be back quite soon. At least there's 104 other civs to try out!

Thanks! It is only removed temporarily as I needed to redo that pack completely. I thought that LeeS had done a new version, but I think I had the most up-to-date one. I'm certain it will be back quite soon. At least there's 104 other civs to try out!

This is the only mod I actually am OK with doing the random civ option, since I feel most of the civs are balanced. I spent a good hour in game looking at all of the bonuses since there are so many differences :p

Hi Rob, I just started playing a game with the latest version. A civ declared war on me and their allied city state obviously did as well. The problem is this city state has some units with strengths of 140 which makes it unbeatable. Its called a Belearic Shepherd (Catavellauni Explorer). Should it be this high or is there some typo in the scripts somewhere?

Hi Mark, I will check this, but have to ask if you're running any other mods? There are literally no units with a rating that high and I've not come across a Balearic Shepherd....except if it's a mercenary and part of the mercenaries element come to think of it. However, it shouldn't really be that high, but I will see what I can see.

EDIT: It's a typo! The explorer is set at 140 instead of 16 for some bizarre reason! Please accept my apologies and there's a small patch to correct it attached to the first post in this thread.

Thanks for spotting it Mark.

Cheers Rob. I had a bit of look and found that suspicious 140 strength for the explorer unit. I changed it and reloaded the save and the unit still had the high strength. I assume this is just because the unit had already spawned with the higher strength.

Another small thing I noticed... when you choose your options to found or enhance a religion, a couple of options in there are just error messages... something about text not found.

Top Bottom