civ 5 keeps crashing randomly.

So i recently bought a new computer and i am pretty sure i can run civ 5 i can even run gta 5 and gta 4. And have the newest drivers and so on. I even tested it with can you run it and i am well above the maximum requirements.

But civ 5 keeps crashing randomly and often lacks constantly. This is annoying because my previous computer who didnt had a high video card so i couldnt play direct x 11 i could play civ 5 verry fast on direct x 9

i put my DXdiag file in the atachements.

Can someone help

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    69.9 KB · Views: 148
Im having the same issue, the only thing i changed is that i started to play with a mod. also it feels like the frequency of crashes is increasing

Im having the same issue, the only thing i changed is that i started to play with a mod. also it feels like the frequency of crashes is increasing

yes previously. It would crash after a hour playing now its sometimes even after 15 minutes... Do you thinx it has something to with steam or civ 5 not working with windows 10 updates?

Ditto. I just bought a PC laptop that will be able to play Civ VI, and after about an hour or so V becomes unplayable. It's weird: the first time the graphics slowed to a crawl and hitting NEXT TURN did nothing. I rebooted but nothing had changed. When I shut down the computer and charged its battery full it worked again.

Then, the second time, I just got the spinning world cursor during the barbarian phase of the turn and it never went away. Control Alt Deleting blacked out my screen and finally I had to manually switch off the computer. When I started it back up again--hours and a full charge later--it was still on that Civ V screen, still with the spinning world. Control Alt Delete was still blinky.

What gives? Like Apocalypse, I too have attached my DXDiag text, and like Happy Canadian, my problems seemed to crop up after incorporating a mod (the EUI). I'm new to PC land. Any help?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    82.1 KB · Views: 164
So i recently bought a new computer and i am pretty sure i can run civ 5 i can even run gta 5 and gta 4. And have the newest drivers and so on. I even tested it with can you run it and i am well above the maximum requirements.

But civ 5 keeps crashing randomly and often lacks constantly. This is annoying because my previous computer who didnt had a high video card so i couldnt play direct x 11 i could play civ 5 verry fast on direct x 9

i put my DXdiag file in the atachements.

Can someone help

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I've just bought a new PC which should be well above the minimum specifications. Civ 6 crashed, civ 5 crashed. I tried reinstalling steam and civ 5 (decided to wait before reinstalling civ 6); The crashes - more accurately "freezes" - seem to happen randomly either between turns or during a turn and the computer becomes entirely unresponsive meaning I have to press the "off" button. I've tried using DX9 and DX10/11 with the same results. I admit to not been a tech wizard but having paid good money for a PC and for the games it is very frustrating they don't work; I should not have to be a tech wiz.

Top Bottom