Air superiority lacks bomber support

marceagleye

Underground Economist
When I started playing this game, I thought air superiority included bomber support. I thought that if I sent my fighters on superiority missions, then sent the bombers on their bombing missions, my fighters would show up and engage enemy fighters in a dogfight so they couldn't shoot down my bombers. I didn't take me long to learn there is no such thing as bomber support.

Can this feature be added as one of a fighter's possible missions? Imagine two fighters in a dogfight while your bomber does its damage simultaneously. We could call it "Bomber support mission."

An addition like this could could indeed make the F-15 a more attractive UU.

This way if you execute bombing missions with fighters in support, if the enemy shoots down anything it will be your fighter and not your bomber. The game could the fighter animations first, then show the bomber animation.

The reason I thought this is because the button for air superiority shows three arrows, so I figured that meant three aircraft... one fighter, one bomber, and one enemy fighter.

So how about it? Bomber support mission... let's put it in.

Also be aware that if your fighter is deployed for bomber support, it is unavailable for air superiority to defend against the AI counterattack.

This bomber support mission would allow fighters to be used offensively and you could actually see them them in action on YOUR turn instead them being a defense-only unit that only animates when it's the AI's turn.

Exactly!

This way this expensive piece of machinery would not only come into play when defending - as it was said. A bit more twist to the game, I like it and I dont think it would be too hard to implement!

Originally posted by marceagleye
Also be aware that if your fighter is deployed for bomber support, it is unavailable for air superiority to defend against the AI counterattack.

This bomber support mission would allow fighters to be used offensively and you could actually see them them in action on YOUR turn instead them being a defense-only unit that only animates when it's the AI's turn.

It could also be interesting if one of your ground units are attacked and you have a fighter in range (or say 2 tile) it could intercept, maybe making a free bombing pass on it unless countered by enemy fighters...

Top Bottom